2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moshiri had given Benitez £100mil last summer what would be different now?

Same tactics?
Same subs?
Same lack of shape or defensive structure?

What actually would be different?

How can you make this comment?

Unless it actually happens, how do you know what tactics Benitez would play with? What players he'd sign? What Formation?

Give him a chance to build a squad, implement his tactics, otherwise are we not just stuck in the same endless cycle?

Again as pointed...under 23 players. Total of about 4 senior games at a push. That's not part of a squad. When all the players are fit, they don't make the bench.

Everything else is transfer related which is a complicated issue for us and hindsight is a beautiful thing.
It's only complicated because we have chosen to make it that way and other clubs don't want to deal with us.

He sold Kean.

We have no sellable assets really, do we? Sure I've discussed this with you before actually, i think? We've got a side of players people don't want.

Unless we sell a Richarlison, we're not getting anything bacl.

Can we all stop including Andy Lonergan as a reason to beat Benitez too. Christ almighty.

I don't think anyone really knows how that Kean deal will work. He could be back in 2 years for all we know. That Juve team looked pretty awful last night.

I have lost interest in watching this Everton team play, but certainly not lost interest in the club. If it was physically possible to stop caring about Everton then I would, but that's not how football works. I want nothing more than to see us get better, but there is not much to be optimistic about.
This is exactly how i feel too. This season is the first since i started following Everton where im actually starting to worry about relegation. Going from boring football, but in the mix for almost all of last season to this seasons calamity, with mostly the same team, has really done my head in. Hoping im just overly negative, but i really am getting seriously worried. Cannot see this team string together any good form with our current tactics and setup. We just keep falling down. Hoping returnign players will help, but if heads keep falling it might be too little too late

Hmmm... cups are almost more important for me. We are pretty desperate for a trophy. 27 years is embarassing, so we are in no position to turn our noses up at any comp.

I'm just playing the stat game with some posters coz you can make them how you want to.

I agree, cups are important. But it's 6 managers, 1 final, 3 semi finals with better squads that what we have now.

But say Galtier came in and had the same problems as the last 5 managers before him - would we be calling for his head? Probably and thats the issue we don't give a manager any time anymore to build anything.

Benitez may or may not be the right choice - but to pay him off now snookers us financially which we cant afford. If the fans genuinely worry about where we are as a club they need to be backing the fella not making it even more difficult because wouldn't it be ironic the money used to pay him off is what tips us over the FFP edge and a 6 point deduction saw us go down?

Could those same fans live with themselves knowing they contributed to our relegation?

WHAT ???

You’re the one who is actually advocating relegation as an answer to our problems lol

Got back to the vaults but my view hasn't changed.

Manager should get a full 3 seasons to build a solid side. Buy sensibly, get shut of what we don't need, then look to upgrade manager and provide funds by the new stadium arrival.

The Koeman/Walsh reign damaged us for 3 seasons. Brands not striking a balance between casting deadwood and buying quality for the years after. Chopping and changing managers every 18 months doesn't help build anything.

Personally think Ancelotti and Benitez were/are the best choices in getting blood from a stone out of this squad. Anyone else wouldve been a gamble that we can't afford to play at the moment. After stability, then we can look to go that route.

Suck it up and accept it.
In theory yes I agree we need a manager to build something and I believe Benitez needs that time even though I'm not a fan of his tactics, but if we keep losing (which given the state of the squad and the fixtures coming up is very likely)he won't get that time. And given his history it was always likely to be the case that he would come under massive pressure if we went on a bad run because he has little good will to start with. I think Dunc will be in charge come Christmas myself.

Last edited:
No, other clubs don't want to deal with us as 'Everton is the only club where you have to speak to 3 different people to get an answer on a player' was the statement from one agent. Why would anyone bother with that? It's no wonder we can't shift players

The good ones we can and have. The Bolasie's, Besic, Kenny's not so much. Or we sell for less we bought like Klassen etc

Status
Not open for further replies.