2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone really knows how that Kean deal will work. He could be back in 2 years for all we know. That Juve team looked pretty awful last night.

We know exactly how it will work.

He's signed a 2 year loan worth £6m, and then Juventus have an obligation to buy for £26m at the conclusion of the 2 years.

Liverpool lost 5 home games on the run last year, in a spell which they were ravaged by injuries to their best players.

When players start to return, and we dont have to play Rondon and the likes, things will up turn. He can only work with what he's given, and the reality is, the entire 2021, has been a shambolic mess, and that goes down to the players.
We don't have to play Rondon now, the master tactician plays him to justify spending the whole summer chasing him. We don't have to play Iwobi either, but, our manager prefers to play players who have proved they are not good enough, ahead of young players.

I agree that we have a lot to improve in all phases of the game. I'm not saying we play great football. But in matches we see many of the ideas that Benitez wants to implement. The nice thing about this is that it can be measured.

Last year we had no goals after counterattacks, while this year we have 3 already. There are several examples, and this is in line with what Benitez wants to implement. So there is definitely a change going on. But ultimately you need good football players on the field, and unfortunately we have had injuries to our most important players lately. Then things suddenly look much worse.

Funny how the narrative has changed and we're now 'missing' Davies, Gomes and Holgate. lol

The narrative hasn't changed at all mate - we know those players are average but I would rather Gomes as an option off the bench than Oyango who's wet behind the ears and has just come back from a bad injury.

Its a complete lack of options.

He sold Kean.

We have no sellable assets really, do we? Sure I've discussed this with you before actually, i think? We've got a side of players people don't want.

Unless we sell a Richarlison, we're not getting anything bacl.

Can we all stop including Andy Lonergan as a reason to beat Benitez too. Christ almighty.

We didn't sell Kean until 2023.

That's not really on Benitez, tbf.

The narrative hasn't changed at all mate - we know those players are average but I would rather Gomes as an option off the bench than Oyango who's wet behind the ears and has just come back from a bad injury.

Its a complete lack of options.

It doesn't matter anyway because our manager is insistent on playing two midfielders when none of our players suit that bar Doucoure.

We don't have to play Rondon now, the master tactician plays him to justify spending the whole summer chasing him. We don't have to play Iwobi either, but, our manager prefers to play players who have proved they are not good enough, ahead of young players.

Who do we play instead of Iwobi?

Look at the City game, Iwobi was on the bench, and the only other midfielder we had on the bench was Onyango, are we just not playing wingers?

What youth player do we have who is a winger?

I have lost interest in watching this Everton team play, but certainly not lost interest in the club. If it was physically possible to stop caring about Everton then I would, but that's not how football works. I want nothing more than to see us get better, but there is not much to be optimistic about.
True . But not sure constantly giving out and looking for solutions on here is any help to yourself. You always seemed a fairly level headed poster but letting the club affect you so much is on no benefit to yourself is all. They don't care what we think maybe it's time we did the same .

Who do we play instead of Iwobi?

Look at the City game, Iwobi was on the bench, and the only other midfielder we had on the bench was Onyango, are we just not playing wingers?

What youth player do we have who is a winger?
Dobbin can play and has played wide and we have also had a good number of games when Gordon was sitting and watching Iwobi trying to play the role he is more than capable of playing.

Iwobi and Rondon are teacher's pet with Benitez.

Dobbin can play and has played wide and we have also had a good number of games when Gordon was sitting and watching Iwobi trying to play the role he is more than capable of playing.

Iwobi and Rondon are teacher's pet with Benitez.

How's Iwobi teachers pet mate?

He's started 5 games in the League this season (out of 12).

I'm also not impressed by Gordon. Every single player says the most gifted player in training is Iwobi, he's garbage, and I don't know how he can make it translate positively in training, but he must justify his pick, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.