2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford are by and large a Championship team.

Who the hell said anything about expecting 3 points? We NEED three points.

You literally said Allan was one of the non championship players in the last post. What are you on about? Make up your mind!
All about the context for sure. In normal circumstances I’d say a point away to Brentford would be a bit underwhelming but I’d take it. However, given the form we’re in and other upcoming fixtures we really do need to get a win.

That's why we need an actual plan with a consistent manager. Because Brands doesn't have one, he just does whatever the currently basically interim manager wants.

And that's obviously the answer to the question Zatara asked - £100m means the manager can actually bring in players he wants and, crucially, gives him the ability to get rid of the ones he doesn't. So Ancelotti gets James/Allan/Doucoure, Benitez gets... Rondon. Bit of a difference.

Yes, we've wasted it in the past, but you have to have it in the first place to waste it; Benitez hasn't.
Benitez wanted Rondon, he's signed him three times, ffs.

Are we seeing this? You highlight the shots per possession stat but isn't that artificially bolstered by the fact that we have so little possession? The only team I can think of that are happy to cede so much possession and be successful is Atletico Madrid and we definitely don't have their level of personnel.

I used to watch a fair bit of Atletico and its a myth about their posession stats.

They morphed from being a team to come on the break to being quite forward thinking with 5 players breaking and sitting high.

Difference was at the beginning Simeone instilled the mentality of "us against them" and drilled his team and defence.

We seem not to have a cohesive defensive system and yet are playing counter attacking football by long balling it...no matter what opposition.

You need that defence to be a rock if youre playing this way.

I think it's worth looking at the options we have had available when he's came on.

I'm not being an apologist, but equally... I'm also seeing it for what it is. We're down to the bare bones.
Like Sunday when he could have put Townsend on the wing to replace Gray and brought on Onyango, or brought on Simms and moved Richarlison out wide, but, no options for poor Benitez, ok. fair enough.

I'm seeing an awful lot of shouts for U23 players to be played in these exceptional circumstances the team finds itself in.
I can only say it as I see it, and admittedly it's only via the screening of their matches, but it frightens me to think that we're looking to depend on some of those kids as they're nowhere ready for the first team squad.

"Demarai Gray injury update as Everton face major selection problems at Brentford"

someone needs to tell Kirkbride that there is no selection problem and he's a Benny Lover :hayee:

Like Sunday when he could have put Townsend on the wing to replace Gray and brought on Onyango, or brought on Simms and moved Richarlison out wide, but, no options for poor Benitez, ok. fair enough.
I think to be fair similar criticisms were directed at Ancelotti for using the likes of Iwobi ahead of youth players. Maybe they just aren’t considered good enough? Mind you they couldn’t be any worse than Iwobi!

We won't know if they're not given a chance , we do know about Iwobi and Rondon though.
Yes, I’d agree on that. We have had a problem bringing through youth players for a while though and it strikes me we just aren’t producing good enough quality through the academy. You’d think a club the size of Everton could attract some very good young players and bring them through with the promise of PL footy. But no, we’ll sign Rondon instead lol

Status
Not open for further replies.