2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most goals in football come after 6 or fewer passes, and usually happen right after one of the teams has lost the ball. Rangnick has the following rule, which is supported by research, after winning the ball you have 10 seconds to score goals. And after you have lost the ball, you have 8 seconds to win it back. The entire training methodology of Leipzig is built under these two guidelines.

The passes should go vertically / diagonally, and preferably never in the same direction. They are not very keen on keeping the ball, and see it as beneficial to lose the ball. Because they believe that they then have a greater chance of scoring goals.

They are also not very interested in building up the game with short passes from behind - they rather hit long passes from the goalkeeper against good teams. Crossers from sidelines are also banned because they are considered as potential counterattack balls.

These are the same ideas that Egil Olsen, former Norwegian national team coach, had, but which was ridiculed in England when he coached Wimbledon, and pretty much all the experts. Football goes in circles, and what is modern is often just an old idea that has been dusted off.
You're right, but there has to be a balance and a bit of being able to do both, Egil my friend.

Without Doucoure, Richarlison and a focal point up top, you can't play in the same way. You can't play vertically with Fabian Delph, for example, or Rondon up front. You have to be able to mix it up.

I could be wrong but other than a catastrophic run that lands Everton in the bottom 3 for a lengthy amount of time I truly believe he is bullet proof for at least this season. Benitez has many faults like being arrogant and obstinate but the dude is pretty savvy and I dont believe he'd reject Newcastle's advances and accept a position where he was handed a paltry transfer funds unless he was assured protections over being sacked despite the recent results.
Has there been anything official to say he or the board was definitely approached by Newcastle over appointing him? I thought it was mostly just papertalk with people putting 2+2 together to make a story. As for assurances about not being sacked, he must be in a very elite club. Can't be too many managers in the Prem who are immune from results and possible relegation threat.

I don't think many on here will take it well if we get hammered by the RS and they start singing his name.

Even the most staunch defenders will buckle when our fans collectively lose their heads at the laughing stock we have become.

If he doesn't win this weekend he won't have anything in the last two months to give the ones willing to give him time anything to point towards for hope, just blind faith in a magical return to form when injuries heal and he somehow has a full strength squad to pick from.

He fails at Newcastle and had no offers so topped his pension in a rubbish league. The guy is finished
Disagree. There will always be some baffoon of an owner who goes giddy at the sight of a CV that says "UCL Winner + Europa Winner + La Liga Winner + Domestic Cup Winner" and doesn't pay any attention to how long ago any of it was before hiring him on an absolute wedge.

Unfortunately for us, that baffoon was the Mosh-man.

I don't think many on here will take it well if we get hammered by the RS and they start singing his name.

Even the most staunch defenders will buckle when our fans collectively lose their heads at the laughing stock we have become.

If he doesn't win this weekend he won't have anything in the last two months to give the ones willing to give him time anything to point towards for hope, just blind faith in a magical return to form when injuries heal and he somehow has a full strength squad to pick from.

@davek And @ForeverBlue92 will be singing along with them.

Lets say we finish 6th-7th and qualify for Europe this season and/or win the FA cup Who takes the credit for this?
Lets say were in a relegation fight or even get relegated. Who's takes the blame for this?

@davek
@ForeverBlue92
@kenada_blue
@4737carlin
My point still stands. I would feel sorry for the next poor bugger that comes along to manage this lot. We have had poorer individuals in the past play for us, but for what they lacked in footballing skill they made up for it in effort. They wore the badge with pride, this lot don’t know what that is. They are bloody useless. Mediocrity runs through this club from top to bottom, we got rid of hamper man, replaced him with a man who specializes in theatre and then brought in some accountant who doesn’t seem to be able to keep track of the money being spent. We were told the last guy from those mentioned above was chosen because he would keep the club in its current mould, what was that, mediocrity? The only way things change is that once the stadium is built, the only god send by the way, we are sold to somebody who knows what they are doing and sends them all packing. Sorry, rant over.

You're right, but there has to be a balance and a bit of being able to do both, Egil my friend.

Without Doucoure, Richarlison and a focal point up top, you can't play in the same way. You can't play vertically with Fabian Delph, for example, or Rondon up front. You have to be able to mix it up.
You are partly right, but what first and foremost limits us is the injury situation. Partly also the quality of the players.

But what makes me optimistic is that Benitez knows exactly what he wants from the players, and what players he wants in his system. I also think that this system will eventually make us a top 8 team. Not this year, but next year.

Of course I can be wrong, but I'm willing to give him this season, and maybe next season. For me, stability is the most important thing for Everton right now, and Benitez is a manager who is very competent, and who knows exactly how he wants it.

I do not buy that he is outdated. However, success is difficult to guarantee, especially when it comes to Everton.

I don’t think any amount of noise at the games will have an effect this time. I think that Moshiri has decided that he is throwing no more money at the playing side of the business. As long as Benitez keeps us mid table and safe with little or no outlay, he will be quite safe.

Moshiri really doesn’t give a flying one what the fans think. He showed that with the appointment. He’s not an Evertonian, he’s a businessman, his goal now is Bramley-Moore, balance the books and sell to get his investment and a little bonus profit out of it.
Agree 100%. Would have to be one hell of a noise to hear it all the way in Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.