2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kasper Hjulmand is the favourite according to the latest whispers through the internet

At there is a name, so some of our fans can practice throwing their barbs at him when these frauds of players put 0% effort for their 6th manager in as many years. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. F'off you Danish (insert physical attribute here).

It's shameful that he hasn't had an opportunity. While he's limited in term of pace, he was a decent finisher and arguably kept running and kept going.

He's not good enough but he's better than Salmon, and that's enough!
Exactly this. He showed in allardyces season that he could finish. Remember him scoring a stupidly high percentage of his shots (which wasn't many as we rarely had chances)

Exactly this. He showed in allardyces season that he could finish. Remember him scoring a stupidly high percentage of his shots.
People can believe it or not, but I've mentioned it previously that a few people from within the club, including famous ex-strikers, said he's a top finisher.

He showed this in Europe and Turkey too. The problem was that he's slow and we played a style of football that isolated him or highlighted his weaknesses.

The simplest way to put it is if the ball came to him in the box I'd have belief he'd put it away; Rondon, I don't think he'll ever score for us even if it's on a plate.

I'm not going to sing Tosun's praises or claim he's the solution for all our problems, however I do think he's worth a chance; I do despair when I see lard legs.

So Kasper Hjulmand is the favourite according to the latest whispers through the internet

At there is a name, so some of our fans can practice throwing their barbs at him when these frauds of players put 0% effort for their 6th manager in as many years. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. F'off you Danish (insert physical attribute here).

Scandinavian, therefore will have a Kopite somewhere in his ancestry. As we know, that is unforgivable & will give our fanbase sticks to beat him with. Do not want

More really good stats to back up how good he is...

Everton managers after 13 Premier League games of their tenures...

Manager
Games
13​
24​
Carlo Ancelotti​
13​
22​
Joe Royle​
13​
22​
Marco Silva​
13​
22​
Ronald Koeman​
13​
19​
Sam Allardyce​
13​
19​
David Moyes​
13​
18​
Mike Walker​
13​
15​
Rafael Benítez
Howard Kendall​
13​
13​
Walter Smith​
13​
12​

Manager
Games
13​
24​
Carlo Ancelotti​
13​
22​
Joe Royle​
13​
22​
Marco Silva​
13​
22​
Ronald Koeman​
13​
19​
Sam Allardyce​
13​
19​
David Moyes​
13​
18​
Mike Walker​
13​
15​
Rafael Benítez
Howard Kendall​
13​
13​
Walter Smith​
13​
12​
Christ....Mike Walker levels

Good, at least we have that in common!

Whatever we think about the structural issues at the club, and God knows they are legion, appointing Benitez was a crazy decision. Whether you think it is reasonable or not, Benitez was never going to be given any slack by the Everton faithful. The first sign of trouble and this was bound to happen, the fact that he has a frosty personality and likes to deflect blame when things get difficult doesn't help but his connections to the RS was always going to be a stick to beat him with, that a large number of Evertonians (myself included) were going to find impossible to resist. @davek can kid himself on that the match going Evertonian is markedly different from the folks on here, but they're not, many of the people on here are the match going fans. If, and I genuinely hope it's an "if", the RS score first on Weds night, Goodison will turn. The players don't hep him, they will wilt when it happens, but the ire will be directed in one direction, and if that happens there is no way back.
You'll be punching the air.

Manager
Games
13​
24​
Carlo Ancelotti​
13​
22​
Joe Royle​
13​
22​
Marco Silva​
13​
22​
Ronald Koeman​
13​
19​
Sam Allardyce​
13​
19​
David Moyes​
13​
18​
Mike Walker​
13​
15​
Rafael Benítez
Howard Kendall​
13​
13​
Walter Smith​
13​
12​
Martinez you say...?

People can believe it or not, but I've mentioned it previously that a few people from within the club, including famous ex-strikers, said he's a top finisher.

He showed this in Europe and Turkey too. The problem was that he's slow and we played a style of football that isolated him or highlighted his weaknesses.

The simplest way to put it is if the ball came to him in the box I'd have belief he'd put it away; Rondon, I don't think he'll ever score for us even if it's on a plate.

I'm not going to sing Tosun's praises or claim he's the solution for all our problems, however I do think he's worth a chance; I do despair when I see lard legs.
19 shots in 14 games. 8 on target. Scored 5 of them. So shots to goal ratio is better than 1 in 4 in that season under allardyce.

He has definitely declined in terms of ability due to age and injury, but I'd rather the ball fall to him than rondon in the box. He was decent that first season considering our style and he worked hard.

The fact we are debating him and rondon as our options is pretty awful though as neither should be anywhere near our starting lineup even with a striker injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.