2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 19.17.58.png

Exactly this. He showed in allardyces season that he could finish. Remember him scoring a stupidly high percentage of his shots (which wasn't many as we rarely had chances)
People can believe it or not, but I've mentioned it previously that a few people from within the club, including famous ex-strikers, said he's a top finisher.
He showed this in Europe and Turkey too. The problem was that he's slow and we played a style of football that isolated him or highlighted his weaknesses.
The simplest ay to put it is if the ball came to him in the box I'd have belief he'd put it away; Rondon, I don't think he'll ever score for us even if it's on a plate.
I'm not going to sing Tosun's praises or claim he's the solution for all our problems, however I do think he's worth a chance; I do despair when I see lard legs.
19 shots in 14 games. 8 on target. Scored 5 of them. So shots to goal ratio is better than 1 in 4 in that season under allardyce.

He has definitely declined in terms of ability due to age and injury, but I'd rather the ball fall to him than rondon in the box.

He's on 49 games for us so the reluctance to play him would suggest 50 appearances triggers an add-on fee to his original transfer.

More really good stats to back up how good he is...

Everton managers after 13 Premier League games of their tenures...

Manager
Games
13​
24​
Carlo Ancelotti​
13​
22​
Joe Royle​
13​
22​
Marco Silva​
13​
22​
Ronald Koeman​
13​
19​
Sam Allardyce​
13​
19​
David Moyes​
13​
18​
Mike Walker​
13​
15​
Rafael Benítez
Howard Kendall​
13​
13​
Walter Smith​
13​
12​

Not defending Benitez but those kind of stats suggest that Koeman, Allardyce & Silva did more for Everton during the PL years than David Moyes. It even puts Marco Silva on a par with Joe Royle....Joe Royle came into a Mike Walker mess, pulled off a relegation escape and then won the FA Cup.

But of the first 11, there were 2 injuries.....
Gray just back? He didnt even miss a game.
I meant Gray was injured in the last game, it was thought he was going to be out weeks so he can’t have been that fit, same with Doucoure but saying that he was decent. Mina DCL and Richarlison (ban) are 3 of our best players they were out.

More really good stats to back up how good he is...

Everton managers after 13 Premier League games of their tenures...

Manager
Games
13​
24​
Carlo Ancelotti​
13​
22​
Joe Royle​
13​
22​
Marco Silva​
13​
22​
Ronald Koeman​
13​
19​
Sam Allardyce​
13​
19​
David Moyes​
13​
18​
Mike Walker​
13​
15​
Rafael Benítez
Howard Kendall​
13​
13​
Walter Smith​
13​
12​
I mean Silva and Koeman weren't better than Moyes if you're gonna use that chart as a metric. Also without the injuries we've had we'd easily have 18-21 pts imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.