2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im hoping we learned from previous mess ups and "claused" the hell out of his contract and we negated any risk to Everton for sacking the bad meff.

but this is Everton!

I’m sure managers will have taken the contractual precautions just as much given our recent behaviour in firing managers. I’m sure Benitez will be paid handsomely should we bin him after this number of games

Im no big fan of Rafael.
However, even though it’s crap at the moment I don’t think another change of manager will help our current plight as relegation fodder.

I’m hoping and praying for a positive performance and result tomorrow will give everyone the lift we do desperately need.

The current situation is not Rafael’s fault. Everyone should remember that.

The board need to take a long hard look at themselves… they’ve messed up big time.
I do agree to a large extent but once performances start to deteriorate like this there is a risk of things continuing to spiral. I think regardless of the mess the board has made of the club, if rafael keeps losing matches he’s going to be out the door.

Galtier was interested. I reckon Favre - who very, very nearly took the Palace job before getting cold feet - would have come.

We didn't even try, and I know that for a fact on Galtier. Can't be sure on Favre that we didn't put feelers out but like I said, he was very close to Palace, contract was written up and everything.

Those are two excellent managers that were available. Galtier maybe always swayed towards Nice but he's ambitious and he knows the Premier League is where he might need to go to prove how good he is.
If Galtier was interested and they chose this flump over him, then we seriously are all wasting our time caring about this club until these custodians pack their bags and F off.

If Galtier was interested and they chose this flump over him, then we seriously are all wasting our time caring about this club until these custodians pack their bags and F off.

Ive seen nothing to suggest Galtier was ever interested.

If anything he had a gentleman's agreement with Nice for weeks by all accounts in the media.

If we stay with this manager our form means relegation.
He must go and go quick.
To do the same thing over and over again (pick Rondon and Iwobi) and expect a different result is madness.

In fairness if players were fit then Rondon and Iwobi aren’t in the first team.

His favoured line up is Richarlison behind DCL with Gray and Townsend either side. Gordon is the next winger off the rank and Benitez would rather push Richarlison forward than play Rondon. So that’s two injuries to the front four that has to occur before one of Iwobi or Rondon are getting in the team. Three injuries that have to occur before both are starting.

How many teams in the premier league can carry three of their best front four players to be missing? Not many. I’ve said this before that this is a mid table team even with DCL and Richarlison fit every game. Take them out and we’re a bottom half outfit.

The spine has been ripped out of a mid table team in Mina Doucoure Rocharlsion DCL all injured or suspended for far too long and because of that we’ve missed opportunities to win games. We probably beat Watford Leeds Brentford at least if they’d been available. The squad is simply not good enough to carry these types of injuries for a long period. You saw the difference in performance once Gray was back at the weekend and our dominance of the ball with Docuoure back, but no one was there to finish any moves off because our two top strikers are once again for different reasons not on the pitch together.

Of course Benitez needs to find different solutions but not much will change for Everton under any manager until we break this ridiculous cycle of having key players unavailable all the time. You never see Liverpool without Mane Salah Alexander Arnold Fabinho, United seem to always have Fernandes Ronaldo, Kane and Son are there nearly every game for Spurs, Moyes has had a solid 11 for West Ham nearly all season, Vardy and Teilemans show up every week for Leicester.

Yet at Everton there’s always someone missing, and as soon as they’re back someone else gets suspended or injured and on and on it goes. Is it really so hard for an Everton manager to put out DCL Richarlison upfront, Allan and Doucoure in the middle and a CB pairing containing Mina? How many times have we had that since Ancelotti brought those midfielders in? I bet it won’t be that many. We were supposed to be adding Gray to that group as a decent attacking option but instead he’s pretty much carried the attack for the entire season.

How many games has he played Rondon and Iwobi where there have been untried options on the bench?
Why expect those two to do something different?
That’s the issue.
He’s stuck in his way and won’t risk a change for fear of getting beat (which we do anyway) or for being proven slow to see he’s got it wrong so far.
Sitting waiting for the better players to come back, without trying the younger players is a deplorable act of cowardice.

Keep dreaming.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.