2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot afford to sack another manager, we need to stick by him and fund a new team.we would of all be happy with Carlo here this season and he did have the worst home record ever
Although he also oversaw one of our strongest ever away campaigns so swings and roundabouts I guess.

I’m happy to back the manager as long as he starts getting results and soon. Of course the RS are a much better team and we could well lose. I want to see a competitive performance and signs we’re improving though. If we get tonked 5-0 at home then my patience is wearing extremely thin after recent performances.

I'm talking first 13 games of a new campaign. I wouldn't judge any manager based on taking over midway through a campaign - you get 'new manager bounce', weird fixture alignments etc. etc.

It's like how I don't look at Allardyce whatsoever. Not arsed what he did, he was on a rescue job, that's it.
Moving the goalposts again to suit your argument. Weird fixture alignments? Jeez, clutching at straws there.

When's benitez getting his new manager bounce? We looked poor even when we won our grand total of 4 games out of 14.

We have some money in which we can comply with FFP. Rafael has insinuated in his latest interview that Moshiri is willing to spend, but it will mean big players will have to go in the summer to comply.
So that's DCL, Richy, Pickford, mina, off possibly before summer to be replaced with journeymen who run around a lot?
Where is the evidence that Benitez "insinuated (not confirmed)" we would have money and if so, how much?

No reason we can't beat them tonight. Yes they are favourites but anyone can beat anyone on their day. Needs to get them set up right and putting a shift in. And anyone but rondon up top.

Get a win and make some condescending comment to them in his post match presser and I'll give him a bit of leeway.

Go out and play as abject we have seen in previous games, then there's no excuses. He simply has to have the players up for it.

It's called 'form'. It's called not expecting the completely reversal of form out of the blue.

It's not my fault if you don't understand how it works.
Our form was better than Arsenal's even before the Chelsea game so even if you use that very flimsy basis for you having a point it still doesn't work. You're trying to band together a group of games as being a miracle because one of them was very difficult and you're trying to do the same with this season it makes no sense its just not a thing. You can't say isn't it a miracle that Jesus made someone come back from the dead rode a donkey and ate some bread. One of them is a miracle the other two are not. What you're arguing is that you can just randomly band the three of them together and say well did you expect him to do all three of those things and if the answer is no then the fact he did is a miracle.

So that's DCL, Richy, Pickford, mina, off possibly before summer to be replaced with journeymen who run around a lot?
Where is the evidence that Benitez "insinuated (not confirmed)" we would have money and if so, how much?
I think richarlison is a cert to leave in the summer. Mina too.

Both players can be effectively replaced in my opinion…but whether they will be by these bunch of clowns is another thing altogether.

There's no excuse for going winless for 2 months. None.

these are just throw away emotional arguments though.

‘There’s no coming back from picking Rondon over Simms’

‘No excuse to not beat Watford at home’

‘No excuse for going winless for 2 months’

If at the end of the season we are in mid table, then all these things are irrelevant. Lower mid table clubs do not fire managers because of any of these things.

The only thing that gets Benitez fired is if we look likely to go down. We’re not near that yet so the witch hunters can put their pitchforks down for a while.

Shameful? To stop Liverpool winning a title?

Ha Ha Ha Ha ha.

Me and 99% of Everton supporters.

How you can support Liverpool tonight is beyond me.
You were hoping we would lose just a few weeks ago. That's not about them winning the title when there's still 25 games left.

Ive seen one poster say that they would happily lose tonight if it saw the end of benitez. One poster.

Everyone else wants us to to beat them. But as you yourself expect to lose, most also expect us to lose and are saying that. They are hoping that the expected loss would also see off benitez as at least that makes up a little for losing. That is different to hoping we lose and supporting Liverpool.

Last edited:
"The owner is ready to spend money but we can't spend all the time without bringing money back in."

I don't know the exact figures, but without anymore outgoings I would estimate 5 to 10 mil in January. Enough to get a couple of loans or small fee players like Longstaff.

We could take a gamble and spend 60 to 80 mil, but we would have to sell a Richy or a DCL by the end of the season to stay compliment.

The best case scenario for us would be to free up Tosun and Iwobis wages.

"The owner is ready to spend money but we can't spend all the time without bringing money back in."

I don't know the exact figures, but without anymore outgoings I would estimate 5 to 10 mil in January. Enough to get a couple of loans or small fee players like Longstaff.

We could take a gamble and spend 60 to 80 mil, but we would have to sell a Richy or a DCL by the end of the season to stay compliment.

The best case scenario for us would be to free up Tosun and Iwobis wages.
How much have Newcastle got to spend mert?

Status
Not open for further replies.