2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 to 10 mil is what I said.

ESPN estimated James's contract to be worth 10 mil per year.

We still had a few mil left over from the summer.
Well if ESPN said it, it must be true. Even then it still only adds up to £2.5m

So we still had money left over? But he was only backed with 1.7m I've been reliably informed repeatedly.

Well if ESPN said it, it must be true. Even then it still only adds up to £2.5m

So we still had money left over? But he was only backed with 1.7m I've been reliably informed repeatedly.

We tried to get a couple of loans in, but failed, as we know. There was money left over, we didn't spend it.

How do you work out 2.5 mil, when he was on over 200k per week? The estimates will be based on the whole season, not from Sep to Nov.

That's not 'form', that's league record. Form is current/recent. It's why you have form tables covering 5-6 games max in general, because anything other than that isn't 'form'.

Again, you really, really don't understand what form is. I'm not being condescending, I'm simply telling you why you're wrong and you're refusing to understand why. And then amazingly tell me I'm not grasping 'the most basic of points' when you have demonstrably no idea what you're talking about.

I mean I've just bloody linked you to a 'form table' to make the point and still you refuse to get it.
You'd cause an argument on your own in a locked room
??

That's not 'form', that's league record. Form is current/recent. It's why you have form tables covering 5-6 games max in general, because anything other than that isn't 'form'.

Again, you really, really don't understand what form is. I'm not being condescending, I'm simply telling you why you're wrong and you're refusing to understand why. And then amazingly tell me I'm not grasping 'the most basic of points' when you have demonstrably no idea what you're talking about.

I mean I've just bloody linked you to a 'form table' to make the point and still you refuse to get it.
Again it was him who said form so far not me. Form so far can only mean one thing really and it isn't form over the last 5 or 6 games no matter how many irrelevant links you want to send. You are condescending and you really shouldn't be because you appear to be really really stupid.

We tried to get a couple of loans in, but failed, as we know. There was money left over, we didn't spend it.

How do you work out 2.5 mil, when he was on over 200k per week? The estimates will be based on the whole season, not from Sep to Nov.
You have previously claimed he had a budget of 1.7m, and now saying he had more.

Correct regarding James, my maths was a bit wrong there, apologies. But even your estimate from ESPN wouldn't put him on over 200k a week. (I don't believe he was on over 200k, it was widely reported when he signed to be around 140k)

I didn't move the goalposts, it was clear what I meant. There's no point comparing a mid-season start - you could have skipped City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool away in the first half of the campaign, so it means nothing. Start of a new season is fresh and the dice is rolled anew when it comes to fixtures, so it 'evens out'.

Ancelotti's first 'season' was the first one he was in charge for after a summer. Same as if we sacked Benitez now, the replacements first 'season' wouldn't be counted as halfway through an abortive one.

And I can't believe I'm getting accused of 'clutching at straws' by the same crowd who are gasping for a manager to be sacked after 13 league games and five months in charge. That's literally all you lot are doing. You have absolutely nothing. Half of you have convinced yourselves he's getting sacked tonight; news for you, he isn't.

To be fair the desire from some to see him gone isn't based solely on 13 league games and a League Cup knockout to QPR. He is intrinsically linked to and lauded by our local rivals.

Football is a tribal game and only the most sterile would dismiss that additional reason entirely. Personally I'll admit it sticks in my throat but I'm in the camp that says any manager should be given time so long as there are reasons for poor form or things aren't 100% spiralling out of control with embarrassing capitulations being commonplace as was apparent with Koeman and Silva.

You'd cause an argument on your own in a locked room
??

Here's form tables mate. Just a few of the... pfft... hundreds probably out there.

Tell me, can you think of a reason they've selected the last six or so games and not just posted the current Premier League table?

Could it possibly be because 'form' is a different thing entirely to 'overall record', no?

Nah, can't be. I and they must all be wrong.

Again it was him who said form so far not me. Form so far can only mean one thing really and it isn't form over the last 5 or 6 games no matter how many irrelevant links you want to send. You are condescending and you really shouldn't be because you appear to be really really stupid.

I said based on our overall form, not the last few games. We are projected to finish between 7th and 13th.

You do realize you need his wage slip to back this up now.

I got into trouble for it yesterday.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

OK sound, every Premier League form table ever is wrong and you're right. Of course. I'm the one who appears to be really, really stupid. Yes. Totally.

lol lol lol lol

You have previously claimed he had a budget of 1.7m, and now saying he had more.

Correct regarding James, my maths was a bit wrong there, apologies. But even your estimate from ESPN wouldn't put him on over 200k a week. (I don't believe he was on over 200k, it was widely reported when he signed to be around 140k)

I never said he had a budget of 1.7 mil, that's what was spent.

I said based on our overall form, not the last few games. We are projected to finish between 7th and 13th.

That's not form. That's not even overall record. I have absolutely no idea where you're getting that from.

Unless you mean bookmaker's odds or something? Which is basically a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.