2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither, the point is, he is an employee like anyone else, he is not here to fail. I am still not saying he is who I want, I am just dismissing this childish "one last pay day" guff that people are spouting
I see it like Ginola, Gazza, Etoo and James. Everton is just a pit stop on the slide back down the football relevancy rankings.

Picture it this way. Benitez is retired. You go to Wikipedia to read up on his career. How large a section do you think the Everton part will be?

I see it like Ginola, Gazza, Etoo and James. Everton is just a pit stop on the slide back down the football relevancy rankings.

Picture it this way. Benitez is retired. You go to Wikipedia to read up on his career. How large a section do you think the Everton part will be?
Yep, agree with a lot of that. My point is, he wants to win stuff here, I doubt he can, but he wants to. This fabricated guff about his just wanting a pay day, he is a professional footballer and manager ffs, the last thing he wants is to go out on a low.

I don't really understand this. His history has shown he needs certain conditions to rebuild a club (money, time, support) and we have none of them to offer.

Moshiri has really backed himself into a corner here.
He's started the rebuilding by trying to make the backroom more professional. A small but long overdue start. He also knows the squad now - and knows who to get rid of if he can. I have to hope he can attract the players we need to get out of the position we are in.

Yep, agree with a lot of that. My point is, he wants to win stuff here, I doubt he can, but he wants to. This fabricated guff about his just wanting a pay day, he is a professional footballer and manager ffs, the last thing he wants is to go out on a low.

Does he, though? He knows like the rest of us that four teams in this league monopolize the trophies because they've got so much more money than anyone else. He is probably here because we pay good money, don't expect much and we have a history of managers leaving here to bigger jobs, even if they've failed.

LOL of course they have. There are two teams in the prem this weekend with only 1 or two injuries.

You dont half come up with some fluff
Teams may have a full squad for a game or two, no manager has a full squad for 15 games or for a full season, which is what you suggested that Ancelotti had. Now that's what I call fluff. Would that make you a fluffer?

Loads of others have said it but I'll put it as succinctly as I can here. The running of the club is dreadful and the result of that runs right through the club from top to bottom. There's not one person who should escape criticism outside of the charity side of the club. Board, scouting, staff and players should all be ashamed and individually bombed out of the club at the earliest opportunity. This is the decision that only one man can make and that is Moshiri. If he wants anything remotely close to a competitive football club that isn't in constant threat of relegation or mediocrity he needs to make those changes and effectively rebuild the club entirely. It is a shambles and every area needs fixing.

That being said how anyone could defend Benitez or see him as the right man for the job in the current form is astonishing. Is it his fault that we had so little to spend in the summer, of course not, it is however his fault how the team are performing currently. He bombed out our most creative player in James not because of tactical reasons but for his own personal dislike of him, I don't care if he truly wasn't arsed he would've been of use in some form. He insists on stifling probably our next most creative player in Digne when the team is crying out for it, despite it not even adding defensive stability. Continues to play well out of form players, some of whom are just past it such as Coleman and Rondon, when there ARE other options.

Kenny isn't good enough, Tosun isn't good enough but they cannot be worse than some of the performances we are seeing why have them on the bench if they are never gonna be considered? He's shown that he has no problem publicly embarrassing a player he knows isn't up to it, why else would he have started Gbamin after 2 years out, hooked him after 45 minutes and not put him on the pitch again, that was clearly a message. You then have the likes of Dobbin and Simms who are symptoms of our awful academy as well as Branthwaite, if they are on the bench looking at senior players stinking the place out every week and yet still can't get near the team what hope does that give them? If they're gonna play 2 games a year, only in the cup, why bother with them when they could be developing on loan? You can't say it's because we lack depth because we sent our only other bloody left back out on loan WHEN HE'D BE GETTING MORE TIME WITH US THAN ANY OF THEM!!

Top to bottom the club is a mess and as I just mentioned in those past 2 paragraphs Benitez is another symptom of this mess not some cure. We won't magically get much better when we have DCL and Mina back, we will convert more chances and be slightly more solid on set pieces, that is down to individual quality not tactical quality. I look at other teams in the league up and down and even when they play badly and lose you can see how they want to play, with us we don't have a style or a shape or anything we just rely on individuals like DCL, Richarlison, Gray and Townsend to try to come up with something to get us out of a spot.

Sack the lot of them on all levels of the club, board, staff and players, including the manager. This isn't even reactionary it's what logically must be done, in almost a decade of owning the club Moshiri will have overseen building us a new stadium whilst simultaneously leading the club backwards 15 years. If he wants any sort of legacy within football and amongst Everton fans then this is what he must do, otherwise he'll go down as a Mike Ashley or Vincent Tan owner that the fans will look back on in decades to come as a scourge on the club.

77FB1B88-B4AF-452B-8A66-6CC98F86B220.jpeg

Stories abound that Rafael sacking Donachie didn’t go down well at Finch Farm.

I wonder whether that’s what Brands was referring to when he said ‘do you think it’s just the players’

I have a feeling it will be either Brands or Rafael out of the door next.

I wouldn't be suprised its jobs for the boys at the club.

Benitez is what we need at the moment to shake things up but I fear he wont be given time to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.