Their team for that game?

Alisson, check
Trent, check
Robertson, check
Henderson, Check
Thiago, check
Salah, check
Mane, check

7 of Wednesday team played in the game at Anfield.... so 4 changes for them aswell

1638647575026.png

Your right but January is still a good few points away yet. 2 points from 24 suggests we really ought to do something now. A new person is not just a person though it's a unity for players and fans, which is currently the most crucial thing we need. The injury story doesn't really have much weight now.
The vast majority of these players are not good enough. It really doesn't matter who is in charge of them. Benitez must know that too now. I haven't liked all his tactics but these results were fairly predictable from any one who knows our squad. We have some poor players - no need to name them - it's easier to name the 3 I'd keep - but the lack of heart is unforgiveable. I think Benitez is the best chance we have of rebuilding which is an absolute priority whoever is in charge. He's box seat for that imho. I'll be at Palace next week so am praying we don't see another gutless display.

We don't have a Joe Royle to come in though.
Spot on. In the Unsworth thread I tried to make this point but somehow never did. A well run club has someone in Unsys role that can come in if there's covid, or "break glass in case of emergency while we hire new gaffer" situation. Someone using that job as a stepping stone to their own future managerial job would be fairly useful right now. They could work with the group as an interim and keep it above water while the board searches for a liferaft.

Instead, we seem to be stuck with Benitez....because who else could gain one point from twenty one and have fans streaming out the derby in twenty minutes? Do you think these fellows just grow on trees???

The vast majority of these players are not good enough. It really doesn't matter who is in charge of them. Benitez must know that too now. I haven't liked all his tactics but these results were fairly predictable from any one who knows our squad. We have some poor players - no need to name them - it's easier to name the 3 I'd keep - but the lack of heart is unforgiveable. I think Benitez is the best chance we have of rebuilding which is an absolute priority whoever is in charge. He's box seat for that imho. I'll be at Palace next week so am praying we don't see another gutless display.
I don't really understand this. His history has shown he needs certain conditions to rebuild a club (money, time, support) and we have none of them to offer.

Moshiri has really backed himself into a corner here.

Nonsense from start to finish

A below average manager would be able to keep this squad well away from the bottom 6.

Sorry, you're confusing me. Does he take jobs for "better pay" or is he not somewhere for a payday? He didn't "move jobs" when he went to China, he was unemployed and no PL clubs would touch him with a turdy stick.
Neither, the point is, he is an employee like anyone else, he is not here to fail. I am still not saying he is who I want, I am just dismissing this childish "one last pay day" guff that people are spouting

Status
Not open for further replies.