2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 15 games gone, 3 teams on 10 points, the three that have gone down in previous seasons wonder what they had after 15? Or the bottom three if any survived?
Don’t know to be honest. In the here and now the teams at the bottom are accumulating points quicker than us recently and that is a concern given we are travelling in the opposite direction

He didn't get rid of enough last year. Couldn't even get James out while our window was open. Didn't get Kean out till the deadline. Kept the rest of our garbage squad, and in fact continues to play likes of Iwobi.

Why would he now be able to move players on mid season?

That was Brand's fault. Word is Rafael has been in charge of transfers since the end of September.

Yeah but what you have to remember is none of that counts unless we have our best 11 on the pitch. You're just going have to wait until the 2nd half of the season before we can set about trying to fix any of that malarky.

I don’t think we need our ultimate best 11 just to defend a corner without completely cacking ourselves. Nor do we need our ultimate best 11 just to win a game.

A better manager would be doing better than what we are. We don’t need to wait until February to reach this conclusion.

We have to do something. It's not just buying or loaning in January that is our only hope. We have to get rid of those that clearly don't have the talent or the heart. We are notoriously poor finishers at the end of the season so Jan - March are crucial months. If Benitez has anything about him he'll know who to ditch. A new person coming in will want to 'assess' the squad. That'll be a wasted window. We all know who needs to be sold - or contracts cancelled.
Your right but January is still a good few points away yet. 2 points from 24 suggests we really ought to do something now. A new person is not just a person though it's a unity for players and fans, which is currently the most crucial thing we need. The injury story doesn't really have much weight now.

Last edited:
No it's because he isn't getting the best out of the players and we haven't won since September. If that doesn't alarm you I suggest you look at the league table.

I'm not sure what "the best" of these players truly is. I doubt it's much more than we're seeing to be honest

Picking Rondon this many times is a head scratcher and he should have given Simms or Dobbin a proper go by now, but aside from that he's usually picking the strongest side available to him with the injuries and suspensions. Our squad just isn't that good and hasn't been for a while now. I'm not sure sacking him is going to magically change that

Form last 10 games, if this continues we will have 19 points from 24 games, PPG 0.79.

PPG needed across a season, assuming 40 points is enough is 1.05.

After 14 games and to be on course for 40 points we should have 15 points which is exactly what we have.

What a time to be an Evertonian, back to fighting relegation again managed by a kopite legend.... He needs to go, he was finished years ago but Moshiri has dropped another clanger by appointing this fraud. Why are we still talking about Benitez? Why isnt he gone already?

1638645123896.png

Ideally we give Rafael the January window to try and get some more dead weight out of the club, patch up areas we need depth, get rid of Brands and then turn our attentions to DBB and Bill.
All in Jan?
No dosh worh talking about
No one will buy our deadwood. delusional you are
Stop saying we and our when referring to everton.
Lies, lies and made up fairy stories

Form last 10 games, if this continues we will have 19 points from 24 games, PPG 0.79.

PPG needed across a season, assuming 40 points is enough is 1.05.

After 14 games and to be on course for 40 points we should have 15 points which is exactly what we have.

What a time to be an Evertonian, back to fighting relegation again managed by a kopite legend.... He needs to go, he was finished years ago but Moshiri has dropped another clanger by appointing this fraud. Why are we still talking about Benitez? Why isnt he gone already?

View attachment 147568

That tables disgusting.
2 points from 24 is unsatisfactory.
If its 2 points from 27 or 30 its unnaceptable.
Desperate for two wins though as Everton come first. I dont want to get relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.