2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at in a simple way….Typically to stay up you need a point a game across the season or thereabouts. We are ahead of the curve (just) at the moment 15 points from 14 games. But from the most recent eight games we are collecting points at the rate of 0.25 a game, way below the required rate. Eight games represents quite a chunk of the season and the upcoming fixtures are difficult. I am sure we will be below the required points per game rate across the season very soon so will need to catch up. Not sure where the impetus to catch up will come from if I’m honest.
14 15 games gone, 3 teams on 10 points, the three that have gone down in previous seasons wonder what they had after 15? Or the bottom three if any survived?

I look at in a simple way….Typically to stay up you need a point a game across the season or thereabouts. We are ahead of the curve (just) at the moment 15 points from 14 games. But from the most recent eight games we are collecting points at the rate of 0.25 a game, way below the required rate. Eight games represents quite a chunk of the season and the upcoming fixtures are difficult. I am sure we will be below the required points per game rate across the season very soon so will need to catch up. Not sure where the impetus to catch up will come from if I’m honest.
Either Benitez changes or the manager does. We can not go down

We all move jobs for better pay, it’s life mate, but we also all want to do well at our job.
This stupid “only here for a payday” myth is embarrassing, yet has now become “fact” in the eyes of many of our boo boys
Sorry, you're confusing me. Does he take jobs for "better pay" or is he not somewhere for a payday? He didn't "move jobs" when he went to China, he was unemployed and no PL clubs would touch him with a turdy stick.

Given the injuries and lack of budget and the state of the squad, I don't even have high expectations this season I would take a boring mid-table /lower mid finish with turgid football if we were getting results! The fact we don't even look solid or negative or like we can dig out results and haven't won since September sets alarm bells ringing to me.
Will get even harder when we end up selling one of our better players in january (the ones who are likely to dig us out of trouble such as richie/dcl). If this form carries on, will be hard to convince them to stay if any offers come in.

Even if we have a fully fit squad he will still stick to this system which makes us very very easy to beat because we are playing a straight 4411 out of possession teams can pick us off behind our midfielders constantly. Their full backs free, their number tens given the freedom to destroy us. Watch on Monday as ESR and Saka pick up pockets of space.

The football would be dour but what scintillating football did Koeman/Silva/Carlo have us playing?

This group of players cant pass a ball and if you bring in a manager who likes to play that way you end up sacking him before he has time to bring in his own squad of players!!

Never ending cycle caused by bad recruitment.
My suggestion would be bringing in a manager and coaching staff capable of teaching our players to improve or at least pass a ball. They’re premier league footballers and should be able to at least manage that

Ideally we give Rafael the January window to try and get some more dead weight out of the club, patch up areas we need depth, get rid of Brands and then turn our attentions to DBB and Bill.

He didn't get rid of enough last year. Couldn't even get James out while our window was open. Didn't get Kean out till the deadline. Kept the rest of our garbage squad, and in fact continues to play likes of Iwobi.

Why would he now be able to move players on mid season?

He didn't get rid of enough last year. Couldn't even get James out while our window was open. Didn't get Kean out till the deadline. Kept the rest of our garbage squad, and in fact continues to play likes of Iwobi.

Why would he now be able to move players on mid season?
He got rid of "dead weight" in terms of our most creative player and Bernard.

Brought in 5 players, 3 of which are dead weight. And wants to bring in more in longstaff if you believe theon.

He got rid of "dead weight" in terms of our most creative player and Bernard.

Brought in 5 players, 3 of which are dead weight.

The James thing is about the only thing he did right

We can't be paying £10m a year or something crazy like that to someone who is never fit and has no commitment to the club. The problem was not moving him on while our window was open.

How? Because you are now pretending that you havent backed benitez to the hilt for the last 5 months?

1. Claiming we are getting relegated

2. Blaming Benitez for everything wrong at the club

3. Claiming we'll appoint a good manager mid season

Now you're suggesting we'll be selling DCL or Richarlison in January as they will be wanting out! Take a step back mate you're better than Kevin The Ratio Territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.