2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news that we will apparently go for Mourinho if we sack Benitez is totally inexplicable.

Has Moshiri learnt nothing.

Mourinho would literally be the worst possible managerial appointment. I could even make a case for Tony Pulis ahead of Jose.

Much as I detest Benitez I'd keep him in situ if the alternative was Mourinho.

Just get rid of Brands and Benitez and bring in a respected DoF and hungry young coach and start the rebuild with players who have desire and something to prove.

It's not true. Mourinho is on the verge of being sacked so the media are putting 2 and 2 together.

If there was a clear path to the first team from there it would result in better players simply because they would be more attractive to recruits.
It doesn't even have to be a clear path, but rather the mere belief that they may be given an opportunity and could become a member of the first team.

Right now, I know that's not a common belief within the youth system hence why the likes Smalls went; we have Gibson who's had many mixed messages.

Silva treated him like rubbish whereas Brands whispered opportunities in his ear - look what occurred. He may not be good enough, but where's the chance?

There's a difference between rushing players from the youth system into the squad and providing the carrot that they may be considered and given a chance.

No wonder the youth success doesn't transfer to people making the step up; people are blaming Unsworth, but is the problem actually a wider club failing?

So we move to Kenny - again, he may not be what we need and isn't exactly a youth player yet, he gets no opportunities regardless of how poor Coleman plays.

If the same players play all the time, complacency sets in for those who are playing and discontent or ambivalence for those who aren't.

It doesn't even have to be a clear path, but rather the mere belief that they may be given an opportunity and could become a member of the first team.

Right now, I know that's not a common belief within the youth system hence why the likes Smalls went; we have Gibson who's had many mixed messages.

Silva treated him like rubbish whereas Brands whispered opportunities in his ear - look what occurred. He may not be good enough, but where's the chance?

There's a difference between rushing players from the youth system into the squad and providing the carrot that they may be considered and given a chance.

No wonder the youth success doesn't transfer to people making the step up; people are blaming Unsworth, but is the problem actually a wider club failing?

So we move to Kenny - again, he may not be what we need and isn't exactly a youth player yet, he gets no opportunities regardless of how poor Coleman plays.

If the same players play all the time, complacency sets in for those who are playing and discontent or ambivalence for those who aren't.

That last bit especially - some of those players know they aren’t getting dropped whatever they do.

They are, but I do wonder how much our academy being bad is a consequence of it being largely ignored for 6/7 years now in favour of signing players on huge wedge who turned out to be crap.

I mean look at Dowell - yes, he’s not made it in the end but if we’d tried with him and not spent 50million plus on Klassen, Iceland, Vlasic and Rooney (and subsequently Iwobi) would we be worse off now?

If there was a clear path to the first team from there it would result in better players simply because they would be more attractive to recruits.
Yeah true but how much in the current crop are rated as highly as Dowell? In Dowells age group we had IIRC 6-7 England youth internationals. Others in that group were Kenny, Davies, Connolly, Ledson, Walsh. Hard to argue at least Kenny and Davies weren’t given a chance. Now who do we have worth a go? Dobbin and Onyango? Who else? Everyone is saying Simms now but the general consensus before Benitez was hired was that he’s not good enough. Chelsea on the other hand basically have Europe’s best youngsters pretty much.

If we were top and 15 points clear but sacking him guaranteed some of these trolls and whoppers left this board to follow him I’d be outside goodison 24/7 with a placard and I’d hope it wouldn’t be alone .

Just watching them leave here will be amazing, I imagine it like the end of Cocoon, as they depart Earth heading for the Benitez system.

His substitutions have been as dire as his tactics. If you have a load of over-paid mediocre players who lack spirit then park the bus at Wolves and at Brentford and play counterattack; play 5 in midfield and not two one of whom - Allan- is slower than me buying a round. Also, play the youngsters not Iwobi or others who go through the motions- yes Roldan I am looking at you.

I suppose not even Saint Peter would have stopped LFC but bringing on Tosun....

It's not true. Mourinho is on the verge of being sacked so the media are putting 2 and 2 together.
Let’s face it the object of your worship is in trouble. Anger is sweeping through the support and the resulting toxicity is growing to begin engulfing the board and owner, they won’t like that.
Our games are about to come thick and fast and he has little sympathy in the ground, if he can’t turnaround our fortunes this month the disaffection will surely make his position untenable.
He is currently failing, by any measure you care to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back