2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chased out the most naturally gifted footballer at the club.
At loggerheads with Digne, Allan and possibly Richarlison.
Brought in Rondon, who, despite his goal, remains the single worst striker I have seen at this club.
Managed over the worst run of form since the 90's
Managed over Liverpool's biggest win at Goodison in nearly 40 years.
Played defensive hoofball against Palace FFS & other tactics that would make Sean Dyche blush.

Agent Rafael indeed.

…..purely from a tactical perspective, you are coming off a fine victory against a team on a run of 3 consecutive defeats;

- you surrender possession. You don’t press, you consolidate and get players behind the ball.
- you don’t play with tempo, you casually retreat when the opposition have possession and you consolidate. It’s what you’ve worked on at USMFF.
- your aim is not to win. Your aim is not to get beat.
- you lose a goal, you replace your best attacking asset. This isn’t about saving the game, its about saving face.

A tactical disaster and a political disaster.

Come on now. Playing for draws. Your upset, I get it. Stop with the Sam crap
didn't say I wanted him back, but he did a better job, what is it 4 points from 30, if fat Sam had that record we would have gone down.
I am upset because we played a side that has been beat the last 3 games ,and we just rolled over from the kick-off and may as well said here is the lube we are ready to take it up the arse.

Should never hav ebeen appointed in the first place. Sacking managers regularly is a bad trend but if you make a decent appointment and at least amke one the fans will give time, this would never be an issue. We can't NOT get rid of someone who is cancerous to thje club purely because we've gotten rid of a few already.

Nobody on this forum believes we should be top 6. Not one soul. I think its fair to say most on this forum expect a lot more, even with injuries than what we are getting. This is worse than Martinez, Silva, Koeman.
I agree, he should never have been hired. Said at the time my interest in Everton was gone when he arrived and that still rings true. Still give a damn about us but I am lethargic to all of this now, I've been angry enough with all the previous incumbents.

The results aren't good enough, to say it lightly. But a but better would have us on the coattails of 4th such the way the season is going. Can't be that bad and that good at the same time with the same players , one wins over the other.

If he gets sacked then he gets sacked. Believe me I am not defending him , just defending the position he was put in. Same as I would for anyone right now whoever we hired.

But this doesn't change and these performances don't stop until the players are playing for the shirt, or their future. Too bad they are bad enough that we can't even threaten them with that because nobody would sign them from us.

I explained why league position is more important. You disagree that if you have a lot of weak teams in a league the top few will earn more points?

Your assumption is that the league is the same strength every year and you ignore covid affecting the situation too.

The teams that regularly get 60+ points a season (City, RS, Chelsea, United for eg) finish in the champions League. Teams that get near 40 points a season, stay in the league. It's that simple.

It's a tier system that fluctuates but if you're in certain brackets of points on a regular basis, you gauge success and sustain it.

Points don't lie for a team. League positions can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.