2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, Benitez has come in and set about tearing everything apart, so far so good, perhaps the club is better without Brands, my opinion is that we are, however Benitez getting contract Dave given some of Brands’ duties seems to suggest that Benitez will do the lions share of them himself.

Then, of course, he gets his own medical people in, ok, I’ve been a big critic of our old medical team for years. The thing is though, he has brought in his own man, who has rubber stamped him bringing Mina back too early, resulting in him getting injured again after 20 odd minutes.

He is now falling out with senior players at the club, the thing is, he seems to be falling out with the players he can sell most easily, Digne and allegedly Allan and it looks like, from today’s events, a bust up with Richarlison is coming.

Now the point I am making, is that, yes, he has come in and started tearing things apart, but, I’m really not sure what he hopes to replace it with. It looks rather like he wants to rid the place of any threats and set up a Benitez dictatorship. That will lead to disaster, because, he is just not good enough in the modern game and he is causing so much unrest and unrest at the club that has t is possible, if he is allowed enough time and given enough freedom, he will take us down and we will be such a mess nobody else will want to come near us.
This is who he is though, it was predicted by many before the ink was dry on his contract.

It is always all about him.

I'd be staggered if Moshiri boots Benitez after doubling down on his support for him once Brands did one.

Said earlier, we need three teams to be worse than us this season and also this footballing miracle that Benitez, Moshiri and a few acolytes on here are predicting in January happens, when DCL and Mina are back and we can string a few wins together.

I have more faith on Boris Johnson as prime minister, than the above happening, if I'm honest.

For reference on how far everything involved has fallen, the last time Benitez won a top level trophy was the same year that Roberto Martinez won his last top level trophy. In that same time period the only other Everton manager to not win a top level trophy was Sam Allardyce. Meaning in that time period Benitez is quite easily the worst manager we've hired based on performance.

You're talking bollocks if you think this is some kind of serial winner that can contest for Europe, he's a Big Sam level manager, the fact that he went off to China after managing a Championship team should've shown that.

Palace beat Man City

Watford beat Man Utd

The forms poor no one can argue otherwise but we just aint as good as some on here like to think.
Last season Watford were in the Championship and Palace were rubbish. This, is exactly the point, they are now getting better results than us and beating us to boot. We get worse, they get better, we go down. That's the problem

Doesn't matter what anyone else is doing we just lost seven out of eight. It's abysmal

Which is what I said! lol

Im just pointing out regardless of the manager we'll be losing to teams like Palace and Watford every season as there are no easy games in the league anymore particularly for bang average sides like us who rely on moments of quality from a handful of good players.

Palace beat Man City

Watford beat Man Utd

The forms poor no one can argue otherwise but we just aint as good as some on here like to think.
I can understand defeats happen in football. It’s the manner and volume of these defeats which should be concerning.

I don’t think the squad is perfect, far from it. But I believe it’s being horribly mismanaged.

Lampard took the current Champions of Europe into 9th/10th in the table after spending £250 million mate.

He also nearly bankrupted Derby and failed to get them promoted.

Massively over rated manager who would be working with Dobbin & Gordon not Mason Mount & Hudson Odoi.
Anyone bar RB it's relegation football - if our board can't see it we are doomed he now has more power than ever .....

Status
Not open for further replies.