2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he’s now got worse stats than Mike Walker, you’re still up his arse.

What may I ask what it would take to change your mind, relegation maybe or would that not be his fault either ????
Dont be silly, some made fools of them before the derby saying he would be gone if we lost, we got we wacked he didnt go, I was totally correct.
In fact weve had even worse performances and he is still here, and signing players, as I said he would be.

I'm not saying what I want to happen, I'm telling you what is happening, and I'm totally right and have been for weeks.
His job is safe, im not even current saying if I personally want it to be or not, it just is.

Dont be silly, some made fools of them before the derby saying he would be gone if we lost, we got we wacked he didnt go, I was totally correct.
In fact weve had even worse performances and he is still here, and signing players, as I said he would be.

I'm not saying what I want to happen, I'm telling you what is happening, and I'm totally right and have been for weeks.
His job is safe, im not even current saying if I personally want it to be or not, it just is.
Sorry with that team selection we were beaten before we crossed the white line on Sunday - he is inept in all departments in a two-man midfield - just look at his record with that set up with us, we are in trouble if he stays - i stated I would judge him over 12 games - I have he has to go a Dinosaur in tactics - 15 set piece goals conceded ......

He's becoming an embarrassment .... TBH

We were second last Christmas.

The second half of the season fell off a cliff in part due to injuries, Ancelotti going to tight margins football and then not having the experience of working with poorer players to get those poorer players out of the rut.

Why are you so sure the second half of the season will be better? We've got two full-backs who are inexperienced. We've still got serious injury issues. Are we expecting the entire squad to stay injury free again when that hasn't happened all season? And even when they are injury free, we don't have a system that isn't easy to stop.

Hang on, you’re giving Ancelotti the excuse of injuries for poor form in the second half of last season but denying it for Benitez in the early part of this season? Ancelotti’s football fell apart without Docuoure Allan and James but even when they were back and his tactical plan had a chance of working the players didn’t execute it.

First 12 months of Ancelotti we saw players following instructions. The likes of Holgate Davies even Keane improving in form to an almost passable standard. We were switching formations and grinding out wins we probably shouldn’t have got all the way up to December because the players were trying thinking that this manager would outlast them.

The second half of his final season they just completely folded like they did under previous managers and at one point we had Pickford throwing the ball in the net most games, DCL and Richy missing sitters for fun, and Keane and Holgate ballooning clearances against each other regularly. Davies Gomes Siggurdson and Bernard were on a revolving carousel for who could be less rubbish to play each week. It was poor player mentality and we’ve seen exactly the same this season, a huge number of individual errors because a lot of these players sense that they’ll outlast the manager.

Why do I have hope for the second half? The message has been sent that the manager isn’t going to be fired as soon as we lose a few games so some players are going to be worried that they’re on their way out in the summer, that normally focuses their minds in the short term.

DCL back to fitness. Any team would hurt from missing their best goal scorer for half a season. Hopefully he stays fit.

New signings. Yes they’ll be bedding in but they can’t be anywhere it’s than Digne and Coleman/Kenny have been this season.

It isn't surprising to see the ones who back Benitez missing Allardyce.

You all must love crap footy.
Its not about crap footy, it's about Moshiri, problem is people are taken in by pictures of the stadium and think he has sone kind of plan, he hasnt, every time sack we get worse, and will do again.
History says sacking Sam was wrong, look at the league finishes if you dont believe me as every manager since has been worse.

There will be a tipping point both on and off the pitch.

Going out of the cup, in front of the nation at the weekend, a defeat to the mighty Norwich and even his most ardent supporter couldn’t argue with him getting the bullet.

Two of them have been here about 5 minutes. Do I think results will improve in the second half of the season? Yes.

Takes a while to turn around sinking ships that have been going in the wrong direction for 7 years.

11th, 11th, 7th 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th,

These are the last 7 seasons of the ‘sinking ship’. It’s not great but it’s relentlessly mid table. But now I’m meant to think just avoiding relegation is an achievement?

Its not about crap footy, it's about Moshiri, problem is people are taken in by pictures of the stadium and think he has sone kind of plan, he hasnt, every time sack we get worse, and will do again.
History says sacking Sam was wrong, look at the league finishes if you dont believe me as every manager since has been worse.
We have never been this low down apart from under DM .....

There will be a tipping point both on and off the pitch.

Going out of the cup, in front of the nation at the weekend, a defeat to the mighty Norwich and even his most ardent supporter couldn’t argue with him getting the bullet.
It's not about us arguing if we should sack him or not, what do you think Moshiri will do?
I dont think he will sack him even then, honestly, he is Mike Ashley mk2, just stay up, seriously, were stuffed.

11th, 11th, 7th 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th,

These are the last 7 seasons of the ‘sinking ship’. It’s not great but it’s relentlessly mid table. But now I’m meant to think just avoiding relegation is an achievement?

I’d wager we’ll be around 11th or 12th this season too.

The club has been heading in the wrong direction, absolutely no question. Even during this period we’ve had players like Stones Gueye Barkley Lukaku in squads but as they’ve been sold the replacements have been nowhere near their quality resulting in what for me was our worst premier league squad since the early days of Moyes in 17/18

We’ve picked up marginally since then with Richarlison being added and then Ancelotti adding Docuoure and Godfrey, but to counter this the likes of Baines have retired, and Coleman has fallen off a cliff. Injuries have also continued to curse us.

We can keep getting distracted by mid table finishes all we want, but we haven’t had two seasons of progression in a row since Moyes left. 6 managers later and we’ve still got the same issues rearing their head. This is a major major turnaround job, but some people seem to think if he just picks a different formation and coaches Keane a bit better that we’ll be challenging for Europe. It’s not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back