2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
considering how many FA cups we have played while at the top end of the football spectrum.. how many fa cup finals we have played.. we really should have loads more !
Since 1966 in FA Cup (and League Cup) finals and semis - we have tended to failed on an epic scale against better sides (except 1995 against Spurs and Man U) and only just about done ok against sides we should have beaten (or traditionally would expect to beat)

….a few players have spoken about ‘preparing all week’ for specific opposition. I like that, but my concern is he’s got things quite wrong for a few games. Prepare all week for Burnley but the plan to play 3 CBs is so wrong he has to change things significantly. Not sure I’d ever want 3 CBs because of how Burnley play.

I like preparation and I think he’s a decent coach, yet the games have shown anomalies. I certainly think he’s a proper football man. I suppose it’s encouraging he’s got things wrong and we’ve still done well as far as points are concerned.
Agree @Eggs. If we don’t get it right from the off, like we’ve seen against the likes of saints and Burnley, better sides will put us to the sword and by the time benetiz changes it, it will be too late.

Come on mate he made one change Godfrey for Gomes and changed formation.

People are carrying on like he had to make 3 subs.

Its constant moaning at anything that isn't perfect to justify not taking to the guy that is whats frustrating for me - we win 3-1 and fans are moaning they scored first etc.

He played 3 at the back against Burnley at Newcastle and also won that game so I wouldn't say he got it "wrong".

The players for me were not aggressive enough first half and let Burnley take initiative.

We were negative against Burnley in that first half and sat really deep and Burnley were deffo the better team, there wasn’t much in it between us and them before we scored, so surely if Benitez is a master tactician then he should have seen that (I did and I haven’t got a scooby) yet he waited till the 60th minute to make a change.

We were negative against Burnley in that first half and sat really deep and Burnley were deffo the better team, there wasn’t much in it between us and them before we scored, so surely if Benitez is a master tactician then he should have seen that (I did and I haven’t got a scooby) yet he waited till the 60th minute to make a change.

Did Coffeeblow ever make a sub before the 70th minute that wasn’t enforced through injury, genuine question?

The problem is mate is some of our fans have unrealistic expectations of the manager to justify accepting him.

This is largely the same group of players who everyone was slating last season as being not good enough - so why is the expectation all of a sudden for the manager to have said same players hammering teams week in week out when we all wanted half this squad booted come the last game last season?

For me you either back the manager or you dont. Setting unrealistic expectations or picking at every minor fault regardless of a decent victory after a £1.5m spend in the summer with the same bunch of losers we've had throw manager after manager under the bus does nothing for anyone.

The problem is mate is some of our fans have unrealistic expectations of the manager to justify accepting him.

This is largely the same group of players who everyone was slating last season as being not good enough - so why is the expectation all of a sudden for the manager to have said same players hammering teams week in week out when we all wanted half this squad booted come the last game last season?

For me you either back the manager or you dont. Setting unrealistic expectations or picking at every minor fault regardless of a decent victory after a £1.5m spend in the summer with the same bunch of losers we've had throw manager after manager under the bus does nothing for anyone.
I have 15 million reasons for high expectations plus Ancellotti had a better start last season.

Since 1966 in FA Cup (and League Cup) finals and semis - we have tended to failed on an epic scale against better sides (except 1995 against Spurs and Man U) and only just about done ok against sides we should have beaten (or traditionally would expect to beat)
Didn't seem to bother me as much at the time,but looking back now, it frustrates me so much when I think how close the Triple was in 1985 and the Double in 1986,back to back seasons and football wise we would truly have had bragging rights of sorts!!

A very diplomatic and cagey presser today from him. Wouldn't be drawn on the James situation, just kept saying he's training and it was difficult because with a midweek game, another session was essentially lost.

When asked about whether he was more suited to Everton than Ancelotti, he deflected it well. Basically referred to his previous clubs and how he achieved success with Tenerife, Valencia and Newcastle against the odds. He mentioned Chelsea briefly but made damn sure he didn't use the L word...

How come she’s putting pressure on you Khal?

It was a bit mad that first game though mate, not the game itself just the crowd before and after the game, coming out of the ground everyone was literally cheek to cheek walking down the road, COVID would have had a field day, same against Burnley, had a lad behind me in the chippy coughing his guts up all over the back of my head! :Blink:

It’s my chest complaint, Lou.

I suffer from asthma and COPD so I have been swerving the football.

My beloved and darling daughter keeps telling me I should not go back either.

Not out of daughterly concern, though.

That little minx has dibs on my ticket any time I can’t go :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.