2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your own logic. That screen shot I posted was a screenshot of your own post about him taking the job.
Maaaate, have a read. My point has always been that he took the job to win things, like every manager (I dont think he will) NOT just for one last pay day that all the whackos seem to think.

This is what I said ""Neither, the point is, he is an employee like anyone else, he is not here to fail. I am still not saying he is who I want, I am just dismissing this childish "one last pay day" guff that people are spouting"

The job ticks all the boxes for him, no doubt, but to suggest he is just here to get paid is fantasy. He wants to win, he wants to be a success, it is pure agenda bullcrap to pretend he doesn’t care.
It’s the usual people pushing the usual guff

Of course he will want to win. But the only thing that matters is how he performs in the job and so far it has been pretty awful.

And in terms of desire, drive, hunger etc, there is only one person who knows if he still is driven to the same extent as he was 20 years ago. And that is Benitez himself. It's not a given in sport. People will always want to win, but not everyone has the same level of urge to succeed.

The issue is suitability for the job and I see no evidence he is the right choice.

Of course he will want to win. But the only thing that matters is how he performs in the job and so far it has been pretty awful.

And in terms of desire, drive, hunger etc, there is only one person who knows if he still is driven to the same extent as he was 20 years ago. And that is Benitez himself. It's not a given in sport. People will always want to win, but not everyone has the same level of urge to succeed.

The issue is suitability for the job and I see no evidence he is the right choice.
I agree with all of that, but you are missing the point, the agenda boys are fixed on the myth that he doesnt care about winning here, that he is only here for "one last pay day", they have been saying it since he came.
He is a dated manager, I do not want him, but the lies going around all the time are just making the fans more and more toxic. It's bad form really

I agree with all of that, but you are missing the point, the agenda boys are fixed on the myth that he doesnt care about winning here, that he is only here for "one last pay day", they have been saying it since he came.
He is a dated manager, I do not want him, but the lies going around all the time are just making the fans more and more toxic. It's bad form really

The job might well be convenient for him, but that shouldn't have been a factor in why we appointed him, and it should have no impact on how he performs.

He does himself no favours with how stubborn he is in his decision making and how he tries to patronise the supporters. It's never going to work, and the results show that.

The job might well be convenient for him, but that shouldn't have been a factor in why we appointed him, and it should have no impact on how he performs.

He does himself no favours with how stubborn he is in his decision making and how he tries to patronise the supporters. It's never going to work, and the results show that.
Absolutely

100%

Bill "Raf, mate, you can only have the job if you keep Dunc on, cos he has some dirt on me..."

Raf "OK by me Bill, I am only here for one last payday.."
Bill, “RAF mate, you can only come if you work with our great DoF”

RAF “ok by me Bill. I’ll do whatever you say. No difficult decisions that will rock the Everton boat, I’m hear for an easy time. Anything you say”.

Maaaate, have a read. My point has always been that he took the job to win things, like every manager (I dont think he will) NOT just for one last pay day that all the whackos seem to think.

This is what I said ""Neither, the point is, he is an employee like anyone else, he is not here to fail. I am still not saying he is who I want, I am just dismissing this childish "one last pay day" guff that people are spouting"
"I can assure you, if you wanted a pay day, you'd make some concessions and having Dunc on staff may well be one of them.

Benitez would have agreed to anything to take the job which is why he's got the job.

Carlo was here for the money. If agreeing to Dunc meant his son could be a coach as well earning millions then all the better."

You've certainly changed your tune. Benitez would agree to anything for the job as it was a pay day, such as keeping Dunc. In the same way Carlo kept him, as he was here for the pay day.

Ps I do believe he wants to win games but is crap at doing so which is why he shouldn't be here. But let's not pretend he didn't take the job because of the 7/8m salary. He was unemployed and if as good as we have been led to believe could have gone to other places as surely would have other offers, right? So why us? Because of the money.

"I can assure you, if you wanted a pay day, you'd make some concessions and having Dunc on staff may well be one of them.

Benitez would have agreed to anything to take the job which is why he's got the job.

Carlo was here for the money. If agreeing to Dunc meant his son could be a coach as well earning millions then all the better."

You've certainly changed your tune. Benitez would agree to anything for the job as it was a pay day, such as keeping Dunc. In the same way Carlo kept him, as he was here for the pay day.

Ps I do believe he wants to win games but is crap at doing so which is why he shouldn't be here. But let's not pretend he didn't take the job because of the 7/8m salary. He was unemployed and if as good as we have been led to believe could have gone to other places as surely would have other offers, right? So why us? Because of the money.
I never said any of that:
I can assure you, if you wanted a pay day, you'd make some concessions and having Dunc on staff may well be one of them.

I think you are getting confused with other peoples quotes I have highlighted.

and, no, I have heard of no other job offers, who knows, it is logical he would come here though, he lives here ffs

I never said any of that:
I can assure you, if you wanted a pay day, you'd make some concessions and having Dunc on staff may well be one of them.

I think you are getting confused with other peoples quotes I have highlighted.

and, no, I have heard of no other job offers, who knows, it is logical he would come here though, he lives here ffs
Apologies then regarding that. I misread so withdraw it all.

But again, that last point that he lives here. Its not a reason to appoint someone as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.