2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottom line..Benitez will never be accepted by the fans ..never ,he was never the right man for Everton..
I honestly dont think thats true. I didnt want him and thought he would be the wrong signing for multiple reasons, but i was ready to accept him if he did a good job - i think 99% of us were. The main issue isnt and was never that he used to manage the RS or that he said we were a small club years ago. Those are dark orange flags, but the big red flag is his recent track record and the type of football he prefers.
Sadly everything seems to have met in the middle, making a terrible soup of ego, boring football, uninspired players, outing of players and terrible tactics.
He is doing much worse than I ever though he would. I thought, if anything, he was smart and pragmatic. That doesnt seem to be the case at all anymore. He seems nothing but short sighted and stubborn, needing his own ego stroked before success at his current job. The only thing he has done by coming here, is becoming an even bigger RS legend.

Last edited:

I haven't commented since the end of the game because I needed to calm down and do something else

Today has to mark the end of Benitez as manager if the club are to ever maintain any level of standards. The fact that it has got to this stage is just completely baffling in my mind, but there is no longer any excuse, any credible mitigation, or any credible argument for more time. If the board do not act decisively this weekend then they are being negligent in their duties to ensure the welfare of the club.

I'm scared however that this board and this owner will not act. I'm scared what means for us as a club. I'm scared where we are going and I'm scared that the unthinkable will become an inevitability. We might scrape our way out of trouble this time, but I have no doubt the club will eventually be relegated under this manager, owner and board.

We need unity and a common purpose where everyone pulls in the one direction. We need a team who the fans respect and can identify with. We need to remove this toxic atmosphere that is ruining the enjoyment of football for everyone who follows. Changing the manager might well not change all of that overnight. But nothing will improve until we change the manager.

Act Now

Benitez OUT
Mate I am so down after today. It is time for him to go. I am sick of the way this club has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.