2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well he's gone. I'm sure some are happy although I'm not sure what the gloating is about. It's a sad day for the club to have to get another manager again as it means the club is not doing well. Is that something to be happy about? You would like to think a new manager will be different although the last few years suggest otherwise. I'll be reading some of the same toxic posts in the new manager thread soon enough.

y.jpg

Time for a new avatar.
Farewell old friend x

The sad part about the clubs statement and some comment from some individuals on this forum is that for all that has happened since he was given this poisoned chalice of a job Benitez is a genuinely decent human being
He might well be, just unfortunate that what Everton needed was a genuinely decent manager/coach and there he failed!

Well he's gone. I'm sure some are happy although I'm not sure what the gloating is about. It's a sad day for the club to have to get another manager again as it means the club is not doing well. Is that something to be happy about? You would like to think a new manager will be different although the last few years suggest otherwise. I'll be reading some of the same toxic posts in the new manager thread soon enough.
Think about it mate. He was never going to win the fans over with his past history and small club jibe, and should not have been appointed by the board.

Along with that, his results were a disgrace, so people are more relieved than gloating because the arrogant man was only taking us one way. Nothing was ever his fault.

We knew it wouldn't be easy, and that it was a big challenge, both emotionally and in terms of sport. My love for this city, for Merseyside and its people, made me accept this challenge, but it is only when you are inside that you realise the magnitude of the task. From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn't only have to get results, but we also had to win over people's hearts. However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings. The road to success isn't easy and sadly, nowadays in football there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won't be possible to continue this project.

In any case, thank you to the Board, to the staff, to the players, and to those fans who have supported us during this time.

My best wishes for EFC.

Haha there you go in black and white. His excuses to not set a team to defend, to play a system that doesn't work, players that can't perform what he wants them to do, not playing to their strengths, to defend set pieces.

Always the victim...

Status
Not open for further replies.