2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When have we ever been exciting? Since Martinez’s first season it’s just been 7 years of having a red hot poker stuck in your eye. I’d rather watch us win in a boring manner than get embarrassed every week in a turgid manner. It’s not as though we were getting beaten 5-4 every week under previous managers. Martinez (post first season) Koeman Allardyce Silva and Ancelotti (second half of last season) played some of the most boring football you will ever see anywhere from any premier league team.

We’ve not played with two decent wide men for about 8 years, we’ve not had any pace anywhere, we’ve struggled to cross balls, none of the midfielders have put tackles in or carried the ball or scored from distance. Benitez has shown early signs of rectifying this and the odd few sights of Allan winning the ball and seeing Docuoure, Gray, Townsend, Richalrison and DCL (I know they’ve not often all been out together) streaming ahead of him is something that no other Everton manager has even tried to produce since 13/14.
I think we looked half decent, played some decent football from both sides of the pitch, yeah it’s not Man City but we look dangerous and a threat and 8 different players have scored. In stead of the usual 3/4

We look so similar to last season now. The dropoff will return.

Depends.

As soon as we got even one injury to Ancelotti’s first 11 we just completely derailed from being able to play the football he started the season with. It was completely dependent on James Docuoure and Allan being fit. They all eventually got injured and we reverted to just defensive catennacio and started dropping points.

Benitez has so far kept performances at a similar level despite Calvert Lewin and Richalrison being injured.

Make no mistake though, if one of Allan or Docuoure miss a number of games we’ll be back in trouble because Davies is a league one standard player and the rest can’t ever get themselves onto a football pitch. If we can have a season of Allan and Doucoure playing most games though then I’d back us to have enough options at the back and hopefully enough upfront to keep up this style of play. Midfield has been, and remains, a huge problem area for us. People keep saying ‘Davies is ok as fifth choice midfielder’ well now he’s one injury away from being first choice, and if Allan gets a knock in training this week it’s Tom Davies chasing shadows against Pogba and Fernandes next week.

Everton might not be ready for Man U, Man City in the coming weeks, as the squad is still adapting to RBs style of play. Next season will be different. and you cant judge results of last years vs the so called better clubs to this years. As the so called better clubs have invested a lot more.
Yes, but maybe those clubs invested more in anticipation of their "super league".

This many points last season - took over twitter, occupied every top 10 position on iTunes. Place was awash with positivity. Every hour we where breaking the Internet with new memes. Delirious.

This season same points - was expected, it won't last, performances are poor, need more possession, we are lucky, serious questions need asking.

Wonder why?

Ask the people with the shouts if they like Benitez.

Then file under laughably unreasonable biased BS.

This many points last season - took over twitter, occupied every top 10 position on iTunes. Place was awash with positivity. Every hour we where breaking the Internet with new memes. Delirious.

This season same points - was expected, it won't last, performances are poor, need more possession, we are lucky, serious questions need asking.

Wonder why?

Ask the people with the shouts if they like Benitez.

Then file under laughably unreasonable biased BS.
Think you have just answered that yourself mert.

If we are in financial trouble, and we need to depend on low-cost, hungry players, or 'coachable' and young players, then we need a coach who is able to do individual improvement and coaching. All the evidence suggests Rafael Benitez is that type of manager. It's just such a shame that it took us £500m to realise this, and that we didn't just invest in this idea straight after Roberto Martinez. At that time, we still had that aura and reputation, that we are a great club for young players to grow and learn, and we challenge near the top, and we're a good 'stepping stone' club. Now we have to rebuild that reputation, but I hope that we're thinking Ajax, Dortmund, Red Bull clubs for our model, rather than Chelsea.

I loved having Ancelotti & James here, but I realised later he's more a buy a team to fit together type of manager, I suppose someone has said this before, but one of the main reasons Benitez didn't last long at Real is that he was trying to coach players who had no interest in being told what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.