2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fachts are he was signed to come off the bench for the last 10-15 mins to try grab a goal against tiring defences.

When DCL is out Richarlison plays up top.

Its just unfortunate both have been out for 6+ week lay offs at the same time.

People can slate Rondon all they like the reality is the manager didn't have a budget to bring in anyone better.

There would have been pitchforks out for Moshiri/Brands had they given that Italiano traitor a £1.7 million budget whereas Benitez is expected to work miracles bringing in 3x top 6 quality players! lol

Andy Carrol would’ve been a better signing, that’s how bad Rondon is.

The issue (as someone rightly pointed out) is not even the starting lineup. Okay he tried it- lesson learned. We move on.

He didn’t see anything wrong with the lack of cutting edge or the pressure we were putting our defense under. Two of the lads were having absolute mares and he waited until we conceded to do a thing about it. Trying to ‘play a player into fitness’ or ‘play a player into confidence’ has backfired yet again.

Andy Carrol would’ve been a better signing, that’s how bad Rondon is.

But the point is people are calling for the managers head over a poor signing when the over riding reason why he was even a target was because the last 2x DOF's and 4x managers have pished hundreds of millions up the wall on trash.

Expecting the manager to sign 3/3 good players on that budget given is hilarious and reeks of an agenda.

But the point is people are calling for the managers head over a poor signing when the over riding reason why he was even a target was because the last 2x DOF's and 4x managers have pished hundreds of millions up the wall on trash.

Expecting the manager to sign 3/3 good players on that budget given is hilarious and reeks of an agenda.
Who?
Stop lying.

For the record, I think he has been good up until this point. But at some juncture, you have to cut your losses with certain players. Stubbornness is rarely the answer

Pack it in soft lad, no one is calling for his head.

He’s made a big mistake giving the big donkey two years and now needs to work out how to undo that.

I've been 100% behind Benitez from day one, simply because as an Evertonian from birth it's what I've always done, support the manager until he really does need shipping out.

Today for me is the first major blot on his record, not for the loss but for leaving Rondon on for 90 minutes when the writing was on the wall after 10.
It was truly like playing with 10 men. Surprised to see Iwobi get the nod in front of Gordon too, for no other reason than Gordon was very good against Utd. and truly deserved to keep his place and boost his confidence.

My main defence of Benitez this season has been his willingness to change things when we are struggling, today he failed to do this although again in his defence the bench through no fault of his own is sub Championship standard.

However leaving Rondon on has shocked me, simply anyone on that bench and I do mean anyone couldn't have contributed less less. The U23 striker should have been on after 15 minutes.

Unfathomable how Rondon got 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.