2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if they would have but they have pace and energy and would certainly have offered more than the zero Rondon offered. If you can’t see that your agenda is just off the charts.
No agendas mate. It's the cold hard truth: we don't have any forwards.
I trust our experienced manager on this one: Dobbin's a 5ft8, skinny striker playing against an experienced WHU defense. At least Rondon has some weight, experience & muscle.
He gave the boy his debut in the prem by the way, it's not like Benitez is not willing to give the lad a try.

I trust our experienced manager on this one: Dobbin's a 5ft8, skinny striker playing against an experienced WHU defense. At least Rondon has some weight, experience & muscle.
He gave the boy his debut in the prem by the way, it's not like Benitez is not willing to give the lad a try.

Did Rondon use any of that weight, experience & muscle at the weekend? I must have superglued my eyes shut before kick-off then.

Giving him his debut is even more damning for not using him to change things up you realise?

Benitez hasn't been backed yet and I have some sympathy for him with the detritus that comprises his "squad", so I am basically somebody who is supportive of his appointment and of the job he has done to date. However, you cannot go and sell James Rodriguez and continue to pick Alex Iwobi, injury crisis or not. I am all for managers making their own decisions. If he wanted James out, fine. Go for it. But you can't dismiss a player of that ilk and persist with the irredeemable waste of space that is Iwobi. That's simply perverse. If you are also going to keep the likes of Davies, Gomes, and the invalid Gbamin, you better have a good plan for using them effectively. Any pass that Benitez might get for the presence of these losers (let's face it, Brands is the culprit here) is not forthcoming when he made it his business to force James out. I'd like to see similar force applied to, ooh, a good half dozen of our "squad" - as well as to Brands himself. With Doucoure now out as well as DCL etc, 14th here we come!
To Everton & Brands, these players are very different:

James was a free transfer on massive wages.
Iwobi is a 30m investment. I wouldn't be surprised if Benitez was asked to get 'the most' out of Iwobi to sell him for maybe 5-10m.

The fact that there’s even a conversation as to whether we should or should not be replacing Solomon Rondon with Lewis Dobbin or Anthony Gordon shows the bad position we are in…we don’t even have a more attacking midfield option…or a proven wide option, or an attacking full back option to try and mix it up slightly in a game.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think throwing Gordon on sooner or dobbin - a kid with no league experience anywhere into a premier league game would have made a difference.

For all of his ‘many’ faults Rondon does have a 168 senior goals to his name , is our only proven striker and I don’t think you can blame Benitez for leaving him on in the hope he’d nick something.

I wasn’t an advocate of getting Benitez in but he has done ok so far and I think with this ridiculous squad and an injury crisis on top of it he is a safe pair of hands right now.

Ah so you’re now at the “I haven’t got anything useful to say so I’ll write something random down” stage. Awesome.

Whatever. My point: he played ok against utd & he is a handful for CB's. There's more to being a striker than scoring goals & meeting through passes.
I don't think he's good but he's the best we have. That's all.

Whatever. My point: he played ok against utd & he is a handful for CB's. There's more to being a striker than scoring goals & meeting through passes.
I don't think he's good but he's the best we have. That's all.

But he did not a single good thing vs West Ham so when they took the lead why on Earth would you keep him on? Telling a young lad to run channels, stretch defenders and just be a nuisance is miles more effective.

But he did not a single good thing vs West Ham so when they took the lead why on Earth would you keep him on? Telling a young lad to run channels, stretch defenders and just be a nuisance is miles more effective.
While I do doubt whether he would have been effective, Dobbin’s movement and pace would have been more of a threat or even a nuisance than Salmon.

However, it’s easy to say that with hindsight. At the time, I felt putting Doucouré or even Mina up front would have improved our chances.

Yet he kicked the one player, of genuine world class we have out of the club.

It doesn't matter what he does. I'll never accept him, and i eagerly look forward to the day he's gone. Maybe then some people on here might start acting like Evertonians again, and stop acting and behaving like a shower of kopite muppets. All his swooning kopite/geordie lickarses, that joined here after we hired him will be gone as well. A win win all round as they say. Our club has been hijacked by a rotund spanish kopite. I look forward to the day we have it back again. Sure even if he wins us a trophy, i won't take full joy from it. It will just feel dirty soiled and tainted tbh.

It doesn't matter what he does. I'll never accept him, and i eagerly look forward to the day he's gone. Maybe then some people on here might start acting like Evertonians again, and stop acting and behaving like a shower of kopite muppets. All his swooning kopite/geordie lickarses, that joined here after we hired him will be gone as well. A win win all round as they say. Our club has been hijacked by a rotund spanish kopite. I look forward to the day we have it back again. Sure even if he wins us a trophy, i won't take full joy from it. It will just feel dirty soiled and tainted tbh.
This place is nuts, dont you support the other rat Gerard.

Can’t argue with that. Rondon’s got some weight all right. About two stone too much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.