2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they did, according to The Athletic, one of the first thing the new owners wanted to do after taking over was to sign him as their new manager. Some Everton fans might be biased due to his past connections but he is still considered, an elite manager or at the very least a very good manager, by most people in football.
If you say so

Well they did, according to The Athletic, one of the first thing the new owners wanted to do after taking over was to sign him as their new manager. Some Everton fans might be biased due to his past connections but he is still considered, an elite manager or at the very least a very good manager, by most people in football.

….I’m not biased at all, Matey, indeed I think he’s a decent coach. I’m just surprised a club in their position would want him, unless like us they want a safe option to ensure short-term stability.

…it doesn’t in the least ‘make me feel better to think he’s unwanted’. I wasn’t aware of that being the case and I’m very surprised the new regime would want him. Fair enough if they do.

As I said a few days ago, they have already approached his reps twice in the last few weeks. Which led to him giving a public statement that he was staying with us.

….that would be an inconvenience but the way some talk on here you’d think we had a prime SAF.

I imagine Newcastle are looking for a progressive, high-profile manager. I’d be shocked if Benitez is anywhere near the top of their shopping list.

So would I, they would be looking for a "Conte" type. Be interesting idc who the candidates are.

….that would be an inconvenience but the way some talk on here you’d think we had a prime SAF.

I imagine Newcastle are looking for a progressive, high-profile manager. I’d be shocked if Benitez is anywhere near the top of their shopping list.
If it was summer i think they'd have no interest in him, and they'd go for someone more progressive - but i could see their possible interest now seasons well underway - they're 2nd bottom in the league, he knows the league, knows the club, some of the players and loved by their fans and like moshiri did (panicked) with allardyce protect their investment and keep them up until they can go big in the off season. They're proper minted so buying Benitez contract would be nothing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.