2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is all about stability and getting a solid foundation to build on, this is the first of a minimun (hopfully) of three seasons for Rafael
That would make it 12 transitional seasons since Moyes left...how many more do we want? 15? 20?
Seems like a cup or minor European place is the height of our ambitions as things stand for the foreseeable future.
(Oh, and staying in the Prem until we move into the new ground)
As someone else said "watch this space"....he never said for how long did he? ?

I'd hope what sets us apart from the rats over the park is our sportsmanship and fairness.
Anyone with half a brain can see that Benitez cannot be blamed for the car crash of a squad we have.
Give him a couple of transfer windows with a bit of money - and scope to clear out the dead wood and patently sub standard players.
Benitez has shown he knows his stuff and is prepared to work as hard as he can for us. Give him that cahnce ffs.
Your anger at our squad and performance should be directed at other more culpable targets - such as previous managers and Brands.

I think an attack consisting of Richarlison, Gray, Townsend + 1 is enough to score goals.

I also think a defensive unit with Pickford, Digne, Godfrey and Coleman + 1 is enough to keep clean sheets.

Some might say that Benitez' tactics should be enough with the counter attacking approach...

I don’t really know how to respond to this post other than to say it looks like something a 10 year old would type.

I don’t really know how to respond to this post other than to say it looks like something a 10 year old would type.

Indeed, Its simplistic for you to understand. Football is a simple game.

We have players to score + players to keep clean sheets and should pick up points against inferior players and teams.

If you dont think we have better players than Watford,Wolves and Brentford and are at least good enough to draw or beat spurs then you amaze me.

Indeed, Its simplistic for you to understand. Football is a simple game.

We have players to score + players to keep clean sheets and should pick up points against inferior players and teams.

If you dont think we have better players than Watford,Wolves and Brentford and are at least good enough to draw or beat spurs then you amaze me.

Except that just isn’t football, at all. That’s not how it works at all. Otherwise City would win every single game every single season. Anyway why do you think a defence of Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Coleman and Michael effing Keane is so rock solid that it can just squash the likes of Son and Kane like ants? We have a right back who’s absolutely finished, a left back who’s playing garbage, a centre back that can’t head a ball and a keeper who on any given day can throw a football into his own net.

You need to seriously get real about our squad and reign your own expectations in a bit. Come back to me when we’ve shown the ability to consistently beat teams below us in the table, because we haven’t since about 2013.

Except that just isn’t football, at all. That’s not how it works at all. Otherwise City would win every single game every single season. Anyway why do you think a defence of Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Coleman and Michael effing Keane is so rock solid that it can just squash the likes of Son and Kane like ants? We have a right back who’s absolutely finished, a left back who’s playing garbage, a centre back that can’t head a ball and a keeper who on any given day can throw a football into his own net.

You need to seriously get real about our squad and reign your own expectations in a bit. Come back to me when we’ve shown the ability to consistently beat teams below us in the table, because we haven’t since about 2013.
Think you are really harsh on Coleman. Not the player he once was, but to say he’s “absolutely finished” for me is a tad OTT.

Think he’s proved over the last 12 months he can still do a job, it’s all about opinions though.
To not sign another right back was criminal from the club, which is now why he is ending his Everton career on a backlash from some fans.

He can do a job, he’d be a fine backup, but if he’s forced to play any more than 10 games in a row this season he will break down, you can see he’s physically knackered. Needs to be managed with care but our incompetent balloon of a DOF decided to leave us without another right back (or left back) at the club.

• get a right back and CM in January
  • 45 points by Easter and safety
  • 50-55 points season total
  • sell Richarlison in the summer plus any deadwood that can fetch cash
  • hand £100M-£150M to Benitez to rebuild
  • chase Brands back to his Dutch comfort zone beating him with sticks along the way
This is what we need to see in the short term at the club to regain stability.

He was, what i said was factual based on what had actually happened

….which was as ridiculous then as it is now. Teams winning their first game are on for 100%, but nobody in their right mind believes it will happen.

i don’t think he should be here, it’s much too early to judge him but I think he’s done fine.

The problem is, a few posters quickly elevated him to Messiah status. It set a tone on here whereby Benitez is judged on every game. A defeat at home to West Ham, the detractors bite back & the luvvies backtrack on expectation,

Benitez isn’t Everton. Benitez can be judged at the end of the season.

….which was as ridiculous then as it is now. Teams winning their first game are on for 100%, but nobody in their right mind believes it will happen.

i don’t think he should be here, it’s much too early to judge him but I think he’s done fine.

The problem is, a few posters quickly elevated him to Messiah status. It set a tone on here whereby Benitez is judged on every game. A defeat at home to West Ham, the detractors bite back & the luvvies backtrack on expectation,

Benitez isn’t Everton. Benitez can be judged at the end of the season.
How can something based on correct maths be ridiculous? Its cant, it was factual.
BTW Luvvies, by that you mean real Evertonians who want us to win and not got beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.