2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As in: weaving yogurt / plaiting sawdust with the trash handed to him.

8th with that 'kin lot.

Turn it in and start supporting the club.

Once we have played everyone once, I will judge whether we are doing very well.

We are currently 3 to 4 points down on what I expected from these fixtures, because we've only played one top 6 side. We also messed up a cup tie to lower league opponents and should be playing a league 1 side tonight.

By new year, I don't think things will be so positive. The defending is the simplest thing to fix and it is getting progressively worse week on week. We only have 1 defensive injury. That is far from a crisis!

Newcastle wont be in for Benitez. You know it.

Benitez has done very well so far. The board know that too.

Things will have to get well out of hand for them to renege on their deal with Benitez after they employed him and handed him zero resources...and they've watched on as players have fallen victim to injury on an unprecedented scale.
OK Dave, whatever you say. Benitez will lead us into Bramley Moore then, sound.

This result is down to him.
But I don't believe it's unique to him - every Everton team post Moyes has been capable of this. It looks unique, conceding 4 goals after 75 minutes, but it could have happened under Martinez, Koeman, Silva or Ancelotti.
I still think he has the kind of stubborn character to sit through the abuse and the awful results and make the changes needed to the team profile.
By that I mean Townsend and Gray attitudes. Not Rondon.
It's not entirely down to him.. there was a video going around that showed our defending for 1 of their goals it was comical, some these men are earning more in a week than most of us would earn in 5 years and then play like that, these are pro footballers the defence didn't have anyone playing out of position absolutely no excuse for the way they played.. Coleman needs punting ASAP he's been a liability since he came back from his broken leg. Taking Gordon off was baffling thats the only fault that I'd put down to Benitez the majority of blame lies with the defenders.

No one came out of saturday with credit.

But any shortcomings are due ultimately to Brands and Moshiri.

Still: 8th in the league with a squad like this.

Better off than I expected after 9 games.

Injured players back end of next month and off we go again.
But this is the benitez thread. It won't look balanced as it is solely about him in this thread. Go to the brands thread or the moshiri thread to complain about their failings.

He will do well to finish top half given we only have about 14 players in total that are up to playing in the Premier League and has to pad it out with players who would struggle to make Championship sides. If he had spent a load of money I'd blame him but he hasn't so he needs to be given time.

Does anyone realistically think another manager will do better with this squad?

He will do well to finish top half given we only have about 14 players in total that are up to playing in the Premier League and has to pad it out with players who would struggle to make Championship sides. If he had spent a load of money I'd blame him but he hasn't so he needs to be given time.

Does anyone realistically think another manager will do better with this squad?
Same squad as our manager last year had and he got top half.

Other than our most creative player last season who he point blank refused to include. That's on him.

I think we should sack the fat spanish waiter and bring in someone better who has just become available.

Hear me out

Steve Bruce

Nice bloke, good honest family man. Can organise a defence, real tactical expertise. Perfect for our club. Newcastle are going on to bigger and better things so their trash is our treasure.
Wow .. just wow

What's wrong with that statement?

Was he our most creative player, creating the most chances? Yes. Stats back that up.

Did benitez refuse to include him? Yes. As clear by the way he refused to include him.
He couldnt be bothered playing, he wasnt bothered the end of last season either, and you know this

Status
Not open for further replies.