Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is never going to end while he’s here. Genuinely we could win the league and there’d be fans ripping each other to pieces over the manager. It really was an appointment doomed to fail from the very start, Moshiri must’ve known this but of course doesn’t care.
This has happened with our last 5 managers so nothing new.

I didn't want Martinez as his style gets sussed out and he was too stubborn to change.
I didn't want Koeman. Nothing in his career stood out as to why he was chosen.
Wasn't bothered about Sam and thought he should have been given longer.
Silva has to be the most bizarre one out of the lot. No credentials whatsoever.
Was happy with Carlo.
I'm also not bothered about Benitez. I feel the same as with Sam in that he is a steady pair of hands that we need to give time to.

This has happened with our last 5 managers so nothing new.

I didn't want Martinez as his style gets sussed out and he was too stubborn to change.
I didn't want Koeman. Nothing in his career stood out as to why he was chosen.
Wasn't bothered about Sam and thought he should have been given longer.
Silva has to be the most bizarre one out of the lot. No credentials whatsoever.
Was happy with Carlo.
I'm also not bothered about Benitez. I feel the same as with Sam in that he is a steady pair of hands that we need to give time to.
Interesting comparison - on paper you would think so, but in reality Allardyce shored up the ship in a way that Benitez has proved totally unable to.

Plenty of merit in it, the moaning after Watford, which yes was very grim, how many of the same postres gave praise after we won at Brighton for example? Turning up for a moan when the spine of the team is injured is a bit lame
Don't think I posted it in here, but I'm sure I remember saying that we were good against Brighton and credit to him for that. As in, its pretty much the only game where we have been in control the whole game and looked good, rather than relying on 10 minute spells.

Same against United as well, he set us up well there. And Leeds he had us counter attacking well which is good against a team that presses like Leeds do. Credit to him for them. That's the sort of stuff he needs us doing every game for longer than 10 mins a game when we have gone behind.

Beating Brighton and drawing with Leeds and Man United don't excuse being hammered by Watford or 1 win in 6, or going out in the cup to qpr.

The point about moaning when the spine of the team is injured, is more about the fact that people excusing these defeats and bad performances because of that, are often the people who bang on about Carlo being awful in the 2nd half of last season, but won't acknowledge the injury crisis he had or allow that to be used as an excuse for our form then.

The point about moaning when the spine of the team is injured, is more about the fact that people excusing these defeats and bad performances because of that, are often the people who bang on about Carlo being awful in the 2nd half of last season, but won't acknowledge the injury crisis he had or allow that to be used as an excuse for our form then.

Not really. I think most people were wanting Carlo to stay than go because they accepted he (as is Benitez) have been completely hamstrung by a threadbare squad.

There is no excuse for last weeks baffling subs and Sunday league style collapse and even though we had done ok prior to that, we have hardly been setting the world on fire and continue to have pretty much the lowest possession percentage in the premier league and still cannot defend set pieces which is something that has gone on for a few years now, not just this season. Get it bloody sorted ffs.

Still has my support for now but got to see a big improvement across the board very very soon. My patience is growing thin a lot quicker than it normally would be.

God, some people ain't half mental on here.

People actually seeming to want Allardyce back like he could have been the prodigal son and got us to the champions league.
Where was it said they want him back? I think you are going off my post.

My point about Sam was in what world swapping Sam for a sacked Watford manager deemed to be making us better? We'd have been better off keeping him until someone else came along.

I also wanted Sam in the first place as I had £10 at 33/1. The same way I wanted Rooney back when I had £10 at 125/1.

Where was it said they want him back? I think you are going off my post.

My point about Sam was in what world swapping Sam for a sacked Watford manager deemed to be making us better? We'd have been better off keeping him until someone else came along.

I also wanted Sam in the first place as I had £10 at 33/1. The same way I wanted Rooney back when I had £10 at 125/1.
We never should of sacked Sam, it was a crazy idea with no suitable replacement in our sights. Its one reason why Rafael is super safe, we wont be stupid enough to sack him for no reason unless he does a real bad job, which he wont do, not judge by the good start he has made.

Would like him to go back to midfield 3 untill we have dcl back. With mina out again cb and lack of options at fb they are lucky to still be in the team. Think i have give up gbamin getting into the team now which means gomes has more of a chance getting back in

God, some people ain't half mental on here.

People actually seeming to want Allardyce back like he could have been the prodigal son and got us to the champions league.

Is this a real post or is there a wind up going on here that I’ve missed?

I’ll bite anyway, Allardyce never shored up anything.

We were absolutely atrocious at the back under him, as bad as we’ve been under any manager and that’s despite him giving up any form of attacking threat whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back