2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're kidding yourself if you believe that in 12 months time under a new manager we wont be having the same conversations as we are having now and the last God knows how many years!

We need to stop sacking managers and address the real problems at the club otherwise its just a never ending cycle of hiring and firing like you see at clubs like Sunderland/Watford.

No, what we need to stop doing is hiring pre-historic managers. In the first half Wolves had 69% possession. It is getting more and more embarrassing.

Where did we finish?
So what. That's last season.

What have any of them bar Delph done at a club in the top ten?

You are saying we are relegation fodder but if anything the squad is either even or better based on people's opinions on here of James/Sigurdsson (when people were seriously suggesting Townsend was an improvement on James for example), yet last season we were competing for Europe.

So the only thing that's changed is the manager?

This manager is crap. The squad isn't very good, in fact a lot of it is crap, and the recruitment and medical departments are crap, and the manager is just as crap.

It's depressing that we got Ancelotti around 2 years ago at winter and now we're thinking someone like Nuno is the answer.

You are saying we are relegation fodder but if anything the squad is either even or better based on people's opinions on here of James/Sigurdsson (when people were seriously suggesting Townsend was an improvement on James for example), yet last season we were competing for Europe.

So the only thing that's changed is the manager?

This manager is crap. The squad isn't very good, in fact a lot of it is crap, and the recruitment and medical departments are crap, and the manager is just as crap.

It may well be the manager but right now that squad is relegation fodder.
Its littered with bang average players, cowards or untried youngsters.
We have Seamus Coleman, Alex Iwobi and Solomon Rondon starting for us mate.

But you're kidding yourself if you believe that in 12 months time under a new manager we wont be having the same conversations as we are having now and the last God knows how many years!

We need to stop sacking managers and address the real problems at the club otherwise its just a never ending cycle of hiring and firing like you see at clubs like Sunderland/Watford.

I watch enough football to know that that isn't true. We needed the right appointment. That man wasn't Benitez.

I am not expecting us to play like Man City. I am not expecting us to be a top four team over a season. I am just expecting better than what we are being served up, but I knew that this was what would happen, deep down, because I know, from watching a lot of football, that Benitez just isn't a good manager anymore. He's not, he hasn't been for a long time.

He's a good coach. A good technical coach who can improve certain aspects of players' games probably more than someone like Carlo could (albeit he improved Dom to no end), but he's not a good manager for the Premier League in 2021.

When he left Newcastle two years ago, why wasn't he snapped up by another PL side? Instead he was left to go to China.

He was done then, and he's not shown anything to suggest I was wrong to think that.

2 of them were starting for us last season as well though, and we came 10th. And rondon didn't start.

But it's the same squad as last season pretty much, and we were far from relegation fodder then?

Yes, and one of those players needed replacing three years ago. Another one is one of our worst ever signings, probably the worst, and the third is a player this current manager insisted on bringing in and chased all summer, and has insisted on starting and playing in full games even though he's crap.

Out of the next 7/8 I’d say City, Liverpool and Chelsea are going to be tough to get anything from. The rest are points up for grabs.

The last three results have been poor but we’ll improve even if we don’t set the world on fire.
We have just lost to West Ham and Watford at home and Wolves away. We have taken 4 points from the last 18 with three of them coming from beating Norwich at home.

I wouldn't back us to beat anyone at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.