Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good defender. Bit concerned he's not that great a footballer!

But no panic.

He's actually the opposite of what i thought he'd be.

About the fourth game in a row though where he's tried to play some long pass out of defence with his left foot and completly screwed it up, it's like he's kicking with his wrong foot.

88% passing accuracy, not bad for a CB

He had a very good game as did the injured Stones!

But neither of these, whilst true, have anything to do with the point i made though?

Making a hash out of the passes that he does where he screws the ball infield is gonna cost us if he keeps up the habit regardless of how well he does in other areas.

But neither of these, whilst true, have anything to do with the point i made though?

Making a hash out of the passes that he does where he screws the ball infield is gonna cost us if he keeps up the habit regardless of how well he does in other areas.

When has it cost us so far?

His high passing rate tells you hes getting better and better. When you play the style we do every player in the side is at risk of giving away a stray pass.

He's actually the opposite of what i thought he'd be.

About the fourth game in a row though where he's tried to play some long pass out of defence with his left foot and completly screwed it up, it's like he's kicking with his wrong foot.
I'm having that. It's perfect.

He's like someone dead boss at footie playing with with their wrong foot only. Perfect description.

On his passing, he's clearly not a "ball playing defender" despite a lot of us thinking he was when he joined that's okay. I think at times he's passing comes off quite poor because he gives himself a lot of time on the ball but then gets closed down by an opposition player so he then rushes him self at the point he makes contact with the ball. I think it'll improve as he continues to adjust to the speed and pressure of the Premier League. He probably takes some unnecessary risks at times as well.

He's successful passing completion rate is 83.3% compared to Stones' 89.2% and Jags 81.6% so it's really not that bad.

I appreciate what he's done, and achieved so soon after arriving. But. Always a but, it does feel like he's half a second away from disaster at times with his passing and tackling. I guess I'm just going to have to learn to trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back