Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome.

He's not too shabby.

Spot on. Needs to improve his passing a bit and get a bit savvier (will come with time) but I can't remember a defender from outside Europe adjusting so quickly to the league. He's ace.

Yep, his heading from crosses is not great (gets little distance or direction) and his kicked clearances can be a little feeble.

Yep, defensively he looks very assured at the minute and I'm sure that given time, his distribution will definitely improve. It was hard to judge early on just how he would fare, especially given he said he missed his River teammates quite early into his tenure at Everton. It also helps that he speaks English too; I was surprised by this when I heard him being interviewed but then read that he emigrated to the USA back in 2001. He could turn out to be a pretty solid signing indeed.

Yep, defensively he looks very assured at the minute and I'm sure that given time, his distribution will definitely improve. It was hard to judge early on just how he would fare, especially given he said he missed his River teammates quite early into his tenure at Everton. It also helps that he speaks English too; I was surprised by this when I heard him being interviewed but then read that he emigrated to the USA back in 2001. He could turn out to be a pretty solid signing indeed.

My concern is that he will think he's too good for us and look to move on. Everton that!

If we can put a new deal on the table for the 'wantaway kid' then I reckon we should be RMF down and telling him in no uncertain terms that if he continues to progress and play the way he is then he will be the Jags natural successor as Skipper

My concern is that he will think he's too good for us and look to move on. Everton that!

If we can put a new deal on the table for the 'wantaway kid' then I reckon we should be RMF down and telling him in no uncertain terms that if he continues to progress and play the way he is then he will be the Jags natural successor as Skipper

Aye, that's the general fear with most Iberian / South American player to come to the PL. I would imagine if he keeps up his upward trajectory for the next season or two, then some of the bigger teams on the continent / in the PL will come sniffing around. I still think Everton will get at least 3 seasons out of him which isn't bad for under ten million quid, not to mention the potential profit to be made. Still early days of course, but been impressed with him thus far.

So glad to see him receiving the praise he deserves, I'm sure the Everton fans are making him feel right at home. Seeing him score that backheel goal against City brought memories of the header against Boca. A shame Everton didn't get through due to that uncalled goal kick, hopefully some day people will learn football NEEDS technology.

I commented when we signed him that as hes an argentine international we would perhaps have interest in him from Spain even if he failed with us.

Wonder how much hes worth when Mangala and Otemendi are £30mil+.

Kudos to Martinez.

The majority of South Americans seem to gravitate towards Spain obviously the language & culture must be massive factors let's hope mori having spent a large part of his formative footballing years in the states means the pull of Spain isn't such a big factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back