Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesssssssssssss!

image.webp

First name in the defence on the team sheet at least he should be, quite an achievment when you consider some of the palyers we have and it being his first season. Could turn into a very special player

and OMG how nice is it to have a defender who can head a ball

It makes you think also about the potential not only in South America but the rest of the world too.

When i was in Japan i used to think it would be great if we had Shinji Ono or Nakata but neither was actually much good. In the past we went for the Brazilian Muller and then got Rodrigo years later. Amokachi i think was the first "big name" foreigner we got from outside of europe and only made a name for himself in a poor belgian league and the world cup.

Its definitely something we should explore more, if were going after young players with massive potential then why stop in Europe? Chelsea signed Kenedy and another guy and Utd signed the twin full backs...these players would be likely to get more time on the pitch with us.

Good thing with Mori (as ive said a few times) is that since he began playing at River its been commwnted that he improves season upon season.

I asked before if he was now first choice for Argentina? Wouldnt be surprised if Mascherano spoke to Barca about him at all...clearly going to be one of the best in the premier league. Look at Utd Rojo and City Otemendi neither hold a candle to him.

Just wait till next season when he has settled in.
Who was that bluert journalist who said we were mad to buy him anyone know?

Phil Vickery. Who has admitted he was wrong about Mori.

As people have said he attacks the ball in the air and will look for a pass if it is not on then he is prepared to go long. It is odd to say but it seems like he actually loves defending. Added bonus the goals.

I'm liking this lad more each game - was particularly impressd with the compusure in the box for the assist to Rom - the usual form for a defender in the box is row Z.

Phil Vickery. Who has admitted he was wrong about Mori.

As people have said he attacks the ball in the air and will look for a pass if it is not on then he is prepared to go long. It is odd to say but it seems like he actually loves defending. Added bonus the goals.

I keep thinking its Phil (who was the rugby bloke), but in fact its Tim Vickery who said he would be crap and then apologised afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back