Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Im quite keen to see him cement his place in the Argentina National team as well. Really would be great for him and also give us more exposure in South America.

Just taking a look at their squad;

Maidana 30 (2 caps) River plate
Mercado 28 (2 caps) River Plate
Otamendi 28 (30 caps) Man City
Rojo 25 (37 caps) Man Utd)
Demichelis 35 (49 caps) Man City

Mori 24 (5 caps) Everton

It looks to me that he's just got to be better than Rojo (injury prone) and Otamendi (error prone).

Hopefully he can cement his position in their first eleven.

I know exactly what you mean. A couple of heart in the mouth moments, which fortunately went unpunished. I say fortunately because I think judgements of his performances would have been harsher if he was the cause of goals conceded. On the whole he looks like a really good defender with good offensive qualities a la lescott or mountfield. I reckon the minor weaknesses are nothing that can't be put right on the training pitch.

Mountfield - Good shout. All Funes needs to do now is grow a dodgy moustache and all us old fellas will be in reminiscing heaven

Mountfield - Good shout. All Funes needs to do now is grow a dodgy moustache and all us old fellas will be in reminiscing heaven
I reckon Funes Mori's would be more of a Brian Kilkiline 'tache, striking fear into attackers and homophobes everywhere.

Im quite keen to see him cement his place in the Argentina National team as well. Really would be great for him and also give us more exposure in South America.

Mori 24 (5 caps) Everton

It looks to me that he's just got to be better than Rojo (injury prone) and Otamendi (error prone).

do they not have Garay as well?

Made some mistakes early doors but has shown great character to settle in and now looks the part, its great to have his goal threat and I loved the way he attacked the ball for his Villa goal, I do believe he will become a tremendous player for us, he seems a level headed lad and his English is excellent I think Roberto on this occasion has uncovered us a diamond

Made some mistakes early doors but has shown great character to settle in and now looks the part, its great to have his goal threat and I loved the way he attacked the ball for his Villa goal, I do believe he will become a tremendous player for us, he seems a level headed lad and his English is excellent I think Roberto on this occasion has uncovered us a diamond

We've got a diamond called Ramiro, a Toffee from the Argentine,
He plays alongside Jagielka, together in Evertons' back line,
So when you feeling Blue, we'll sing this song for you,
Ramiro is a Toffee through and through.

I'll get me coat :)

I think his time in the US has really helped him. The communication aspect is so important at CB.

Been a big fan since he came in for stones and if he continues like this he'll be a cult hero here.

It's so long since we had a real goalscoring CB.

Mori 24 (5 caps) Everton

He's the only left footed CB in the team so he'll be a starter for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back