Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demichelis = an attrocious joke bloke, a so-called footballer...
Tbf he used to be quite good - he was awful when he first went to City and then he got to grips with things and played well for about 6 months. But age has caught up with him and the poor guy looked frankly terrified vs Martial and Rashford :(.

Wonder if RFM is going to fly home slightly early since he is banned from the match or whether he',l still go to suuport his teammates.

Tbf he used to be quite good - he was awful when he first went to City and then he got to grips with things and played well for about 6 months. But age has caught up with him and the poor guy looked frankly terrified vs Martial and Rashford :(.

Wonder if RFM is going to fly home slightly early since he is banned from the match or whether he',l still go to suuport his teammates.

I watched him week in, week out throughout his Bayern years, he also had a good opening season and then continuously dropped back culminating in a dreadful performance alongside his notorious colleague Daniel van Buyten in the 2010 Champions League final... I can't forgive them that one too easily. :(

Best player in the world.....and Messi

12240145_849773415149106_158787449513008192_n.jpg

I think he has been poor defensively of late...and my posting hasn't been much better either

Good point this mate. Had 2 really poor home performances against West Ham and Arsenal and might be a good time to pull him out for a game or two. Played a lot more than I thought he ever would so he can definitely say it's been a great debut season. Be nice if he won us the FA Cup actually ;)

Man of the Match against Chile for sure. The first goal from Argentina came thanks to an amazing interception+pass from him (that is, instead of clearing the ball or controlling it he passed it right back to the guys on the other end).

Such a beautiful man, I miss him so much.

Very much looking forward to seeing him next season.

Improves every year it has been said and if he keeps out the simple errors we will have arguably the best LCB in the league.

Who else is there at LCB in the prem who is rated very highly, i can only think of Terry.

From today´s La Nacion in Argentina

I have copied the butchered translation below
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/...no-se-fuera-y-los-secretos-de-su-personalidad

The day that Ramiro Funes Mori locked him in River to not leave and the secrets of his personality
In two years, the defender won everything in Nunez, hit the jump to Europe and holds in the selection; technical lower tell how forged a different mentality
By Paul Hacker | canchallena.com
Comentá69 Facebook17Twitter-
"Locked Ramiro and Rogelio (Funes Mori) in my office River because a representative one wanted to take University of Chile. It was a Wednesday and the transfer window closed the next day. Les I retained the passports. They had offered to holders in the first. I told them that was a lie, that as they were going to ensure ownership if they had not even debuted. Just were to begin in fifth division. the boys were carried away by the reviews. I went to the board and told them to had to be here and that fichábamos ".

Gabriel Rodriguez, current coordinator of the millionaire and who then occupied that post lower divisions, he tells the story. It was March 2009 and in December it had taken them a test to Funes Mori, who came from the United States and had not made lower divisions in Argentina. They had 16 years and a lot to learn. It had been that nortamericano reality show ( "Sueño MLS") that stood out and the trip proved unlucky for Chelsea. It was the beginning of such a short and intense history, especially Ramiro, who in two years (on 30 March 2014 made him one goal to Boca in the Bombonera) went from substitute in the club of Núñez to head in the selection.

That center marker, whom many saw clunky and buggy, is something that captivates its technicians. Matias Almeyda made his debut in Primera (was in the National B in 2011) and, before being DT, Pelado told Ramiro that his team would be the second central marker holder, Ramon Diaz also trusted him and Marcelo Gallardo, when he took office in mid-2014, he adopted it as one of his favorites. He drew the attention of Gerardo Martino, the coach of the team, and European football by becoming the most expensive defender in the history of River for sale to Everton, England, for 8 million euros last August.

"Funes Mori was the one that caught my attention input for their physical, mental qualities and personality. Ramiro was not afraid to make mistakes. And if he did, likened the mistake quickly. From above, it is an animal, is in sight. And besides, a defender with good intentions to pass. We went buffing "says the doll in the book Gallardo Monumental. Personality and character are the qualities that many technicians will stand Ramiro. Now, how it was forged that mindset?

Ricardo Valiño addresses Lobos Buap of Puebla, a team of Mexican promotion. In 2008, he worked in the lower River and remembers as if it were today that December day in which he took the test to Ramiro Funes Mori in Martelli. Gabriel Rodriguez had gone to see the Twins to Dallas thanks to Sergio Batista data, then coach of the youth teams, and persuaded them to return to Argentina. "Ramiro was tested central midfielder, who was a post he had variants. Therefore, we suggest that was second central marker for his southpaw profile. We threw 15 meters back. First, he was angry, but then he understood. He was very intelligent, with a very large capacity to assimilate concepts and amazing ability to overcome ", he describes Valiño when asked canchallena.com.

"Not to have done lower divisions, you have things that should improve and learn, but not surprised career that made Ramiro. He's a winner, with very strong ideals, a very strong character. The personality of Ramiro reflected in the deal to his brother, it was short. he constantly spoke parties inferior. he was looking for the time to tell any barbarity and he react and raise the moral to score goals, "recalls Gabriel Rodriguez.

Ramiro entered the 1991 category in fifth division in 2009, a team in which, among others, were Germán Pezzella and Mauro Diaz. ranked as No. 6 was won on that team led by Valiño, that year ended up losing the final against Lanus. "It was technically very good, with tactical details to polish, besides having very good passing game and an ideal physique. I was not far from the level of a category that came from being champion. Pablo Lorenzo, the trainer of that team, had come the Funes Mori to train earlier to match them with the rest of the guys. After practice, stayed polishing other details with me and Luigi Villalba, my assistant. Ramiro was very restless. He asked when to leave to make, when to exit wait "Valiño remembers and adds another key:"... No roof At the time we saw him a barbarian future personality and conviction in difficult times, has the temperance of different players the first River was natural for he, the same as playing the Libertadores Cup or do it in the selection. "

That year, in fifth, he stood out with goals and solid performances. He got to play in fourth in 2010, when his brother was in first, and quickly went to the reserve led by César-Auguste Laraignée, who remembers Ramiro: "He's a guy who progressed much much confidence you had and was improving counted on.. physical virtues, but not so technical. it was very intelligent and listened signs that one made him to correct. no wonder how far they came. he had a strong personality to progress. Balanta, which was better technically, was ahead of him, but it ended up beating ".

"One is having stages, parties and want to learn. It's something that is permanently ago. I feel more mature. In River made mistakes and learned a lot. I try to beat me in every aspect," said Ramiro when was the last day in Argentina by qualifying matches. At 25 years, some renowned clubs in Europe already begin to monitor and this year would dispute the Copa America and the Olympic Games for selection. Firm in his convictions and a personality that amazes, Funes Mori continues to grow based on good performances and a mentality forged good boy.

The day that Ramiro Funes Mori locked him in River to not leave and the secrets of his personality
In two years, the defender won everything in Nunez, hit the jump to Europe and holds in the selection; technical lower tell how forged a different mentality
By Paul Hacker | canchallena.com
Comentá69 Facebook17Twitter-
"Locked Ramiro and Rogelio (Funes Mori) in my office River because a representative one wanted to take University of Chile. It was a Wednesday and the transfer window closed the next day. Les I retained the passports. They had offered to holders in the first. I told them that was a lie, that as they were going to ensure ownership if they had not even debuted. Just were to begin in fifth division. the boys were carried away by the reviews. I went to the board and told them to had to be here and that fichábamos ".

Gabriel Rodriguez, current coordinator of the millionaire and who then occupied that post lower divisions, he tells the story. It was March 2009 and in December it had taken them a test to Funes Mori, who came from the United States and had not made lower divisions in Argentina. They had 16 years and a lot to learn. It had been that nortamericano reality show ( "Sueño MLS") that stood out and the trip proved unlucky for Chelsea. It was the beginning of such a short and intense history, especially Ramiro, who in two years (on 30 March 2014 made him one goal to Boca in the Bombonera) went from substitute in the club of Núñez to head in the selection.

That center marker, whom many saw clunky and buggy, is something that captivates its technicians. Matias Almeyda made his debut in Primera (was in the National B in 2011) and, before being DT, Pelado told Ramiro that his team would be the second central marker holder, Ramon Diaz also trusted him and Marcelo Gallardo, when he took office in mid-2014, he adopted it as one of his favorites. He drew the attention of Gerardo Martino, the coach of the team, and European football by becoming the most expensive defender in the history of River for sale to Everton, England, for 8 million euros last August.

"Funes Mori was the one that caught my attention input for their physical, mental qualities and personality. Ramiro was not afraid to make mistakes. And if he did, likened the mistake quickly. From above, it is an animal, is in sight. And besides, a defender with good intentions to pass. We went buffing "says the doll in the book Gallardo Monumental. Personality and character are the qualities that many technicians will stand Ramiro. Now, how it was forged that mindset?

Ricardo Valiño addresses Lobos Buap of Puebla, a team of Mexican promotion. In 2008, he worked in the lower River and remembers as if it were today that December day in which he took the test to Ramiro Funes Mori in Martelli. Gabriel Rodriguez had gone to see the Twins to Dallas thanks to Sergio Batista data, then coach of the youth teams, and persuaded them to return to Argentina. "Ramiro was tested central midfielder, who was a post he had variants. Therefore, we suggest that was second central marker for his southpaw profile. We threw 15 meters back. First, he was angry, but then he understood. He was very intelligent, with a very large capacity to assimilate concepts and amazing ability to overcome ", he describes Valiño when asked canchallena.com.

"Not to have done lower divisions, you have things that should improve and learn, but not surprised career that made Ramiro. He's a winner, with very strong ideals, a very strong character. The personality of Ramiro reflected in the deal to his brother, it was short. he constantly spoke parties inferior. he was looking for the time to tell any barbarity and he react and raise the moral to score goals, "recalls Gabriel Rodriguez.

Ramiro entered the 1991 category in fifth division in 2009, a team in which, among others, were Germán Pezzella and Mauro Diaz. ranked as No. 6 was won on that team led by Valiño, that year ended up losing the final against Lanus. "It was technically very good, with tactical details to polish, besides having very good passing game and an ideal physique. I was not far from the level of a category that came from being champion. Pablo Lorenzo, the trainer of that team, had come the Funes Mori to train earlier to match them with the rest of the guys. After practice, stayed polishing other details with me and Luigi Villalba, my assistant. Ramiro was very restless. He asked when to leave to make, when to exit wait "Valiño remembers and adds another key:"... No roof At the time we saw him a barbarian future personality and conviction in difficult times, has the temperance of different players the first River was natural for he, the same as playing the Libertadores Cup or do it in the selection. "

That year, in fifth, he stood out with goals and solid performances. He got to play in fourth in 2010, when his brother was in first, and quickly went to the reserve led by César-Auguste Laraignée, who remembers Ramiro: "He's a guy who progressed much much confidence you had and was improving counted on.. physical virtues, but not so technical. it was very intelligent and listened signs that one made him to correct. no wonder how far they came. he had a strong personality to progress. Balanta, which was better technically, was ahead of him, but it ended up beating ".

"One is having stages, parties and want to learn. It's something that is permanently ago. I feel more mature. In River made mistakes and learned a lot. I try to beat me in every aspect," said Ramiro when was the last day in Argentina by qualifying matches. At 25 years, some renowned clubs in Europe already begin to monitor and this year would dispute the Copa America and the Olympic Games for selection. Firm in his convictions and a personality that amazes, Funes Mori continues to grow based on good performances and a mentality forged good boy.

Que ?

Good overall player and CB, has been a good player this season, yes he needs work and we need more investment in defence, but a player who can score and play well are hard to find in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back