Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
good chance for him now to nail down a place under koeman, if he can keep defending how he has been, improve with games on his other aspects of his game he'll do well. The three against leicester looked solid, i want him to make it here and he does have the attributes but we'll only see now if he can kick on and improve.

It will help him having some consistency, and williams too, To build a partnership you need games together to get understanding.

Has there been a South American defender that's been great right away? Wasn't Otamendi a bit dodgy while he got used to the league? Add in the change of manager and style and maybe not practicing defending too much with El Fraudo
Funes could be a real star for us. People say replace him with VVD but VVD came from a Scotland which is like coming from the Championship so probably found it easier to transition.

good chance for him now to nail down a place under koeman, if he can keep defending how he has been, improve with games on his other aspects of his game he'll do well. The three against leicester looked solid, i want him to make it here and he does have the attributes but we'll only see now if he can kick on and improve.

It will help him having some consistency, and williams too, To build a partnership you need games together to get understanding.
Absolutely agree with this. The criticism of Funes Mori is completely out of proportion. He's been decent, yes he's made mistakes but he's our best header of the ball, in attack and defence, and has been in and out of the team. All of our defenders, particularly our centre half's, have been jive this season, give the lad a chance. It bugs me when people bang out Lukaku for a lack of effort, forgive Valencia his lack of skill because he runs around a bit and then slate Funes Mori after he gives everything, but makes a mistake and apparently the world is falling in. Context people, context.

Apparently spoke with Koeman about not being in the team a few months back (as posted in here).

I can see him leaving for Spain in the summer for £15mil which allows us to add some more on top and getting a top CB to replace him.

Personally think mori is a solid squad player, left footed n that worth keeping hold of

I think he will want to be starting (hence his chat with koeman) and if we do have cash then get in VVD or koulibaly next to williams with galloway and holgate on the bench.

We would need to add £30mil onto his sales price to get one of those 2 but well worth it imo

I think he will want to be starting (hence his chat with koeman) and if we do have cash then get in VVD or koulibaly next to williams with galloway and holgate on the bench.

We would need to add £30mil onto his sales price to get one of those 2 but well worth it imo
Leaving us with one of said boss defender, plus an already old and ageing Williams? (As holgate despite being boss in inexperienced, same sort of applies to Galloway)

We'd be an injury or red card away from having to play the kids, and whilst I trust holgate it's probably not the wisest thing for us to do. Also apparently we like going 3 at the back sometimes so it would help to have more players.

We need more cover and therefore we must satisfy Mori. I think he's decent enough anyway, just has his dodgy moments like the rest of them tbf.

Leaving us with one of said boss defender, plus an already old and ageing Williams? (As holgate despite being boss in inexperienced, same sort of applies to Galloway)

We'd be an injury or red card away from having to play the kids, and whilst I trust holgate it's probably not the wisest thing for us to do. Also apparently we like going 3 at the back sometimes so it would help to have more players.

We need more cover and therefore we must satisfy Mori. I think he's decent enough anyway, just has his dodgy moments like the rest of them tbf.

I'd be fine with them on the bench...for a season.

But if weve got the dough, just do £90mil on VVD and Koulibaly and have 2 of the best CBs in world football...probably the best pairing ever in premier league history ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back