Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
40k a week allegedly.

He got a decent amount of money from the transfer from River Plate if I remember the story at the time correctly hence the fee going up by loads at the last minute.

I do remember the mad fee shooting up when it was announced yeah.

Thought he'd be on a bit more than £40k though.

Van dijk is crap, don't let the fee fool you.
Yeah mate, that's why their defence improved about 500% as soon as he joined the RS. Let's not be bitter about all their players, he's better than any centre back we've had in many a year. Overpaid for him yes, but I suppose if you've got the dough it's no problem.

It didn't though
300% then. Let's not claw around for silly reasons to say he's a bad player. Our fans were desperate for us to sign him from Celtic, then Southampton. He's easily one of the best in the league. Just because he plays for them doesn't make him a terrible player. Their defence absolutely improved a lot since his arrival.

300% then. Let's not claw around for silly reasons to say he's a bad player. Our fans were desperate for us to sign him from Celtic, then Southampton. He's easily one of the best in the league. Just because he plays for them doesn't make him a terrible player. Their defence absolutely improved a lot since his arrival.
There defence stayed equally as bad, there was next to no improvement. He's a good defender but one of the best? No chance, 75 miles worth? No chance.

Give me vertonghen or alderweirld over him any day

There defence stayed equally as bad, there was next to no improvement. He's a good defender but one of the best? No chance, 75 miles worth? No chance.

Give me vertonghen or alderweirld over him any day
Not worth 75 miles lad no, but if money ain't important then who cares the price. We paid 45m for Sigurdsson.

I'd also take the two you mentioned over him, but really can't think of too many more.

Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate

That choice of centre backs would probably be worse than most teams in the Championship have. Let's hope SIlva and Brands realise this and will be adjusting the situation very shortly.

Keane
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate

That choice of centre backs would probably be worse than most teams in the Championship have. Let's hope SIlva and Brands realise this and will be adjusting the situation very shortly.

Shows how awful the league is that we finished 8th with them. If we could, I'm sure they'd all be replaced.

Glad to see the back of him, fans saying "at least he cared", "he was passionate" - he was a pretty average CB and its no surprise that's its an undisclosed fee cos we have probably got a poor deal flogging him. If it was a good deal surely the club would want this known ? Could be a cute move so other teams don't know we have £17M (as if we got that) for another CB, nah doubt it.

I bet you watch them more than me so i'll take your word for it.

He looked pedestrian and mediocre in the CL final though (and most times I've seen him), and is a key part of the Dutch team that failed to qualify for the World Cup.

But yeah 500% and all that....if you say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back