Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could resort to calling any of our current team enthusiastic.

As for the bashing, I am pointing out that to some, it's OK to bash certain players, while others are off limits for bizarre intangible reasons like they were "good servants"... Never stopped Hibbert, Osman or Howard getting slagged off. And what makes a "Good servant" anyway? Longevity? After Jagielka and Baines, our longest serving player is Mirallas. Is he a good servant? More so than say, Barry, who was here far less time but was professional and consistent. Or was he also tarnished with the Martinez brush?

People have an inflated opinion on Jagielka and to a lesser extent Baines, who was, at one point, a genuinely top player, because they seem like good lads, stuck around for a long time, and played in what are considered successful sides by recent standards.

But on Jagielka, these are not opinions I'm forming now to be spiteful. These are opinions I have held since repeatedly watching him for the last 10 years. He has always been a "decent" player, and a "good servant" if you will, but nothing more. Don't rewrite history and tell me I've watched Peak Dave Watson or even Richard Gough all these years. Jagielka would have, and often did, make a good partnership with other good centre half's.

But he was the never the one, and to use him as an example to write off Mori, a young lad from a foreign country, coming into a struggling side and playing less than 2 full seasons in the league, is "genuinely baffling".

Jags at his peak was a million miles better than this idiot will ever be.

Ramiro-Funes-Mori-Everton-celeb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back