Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Sam be able to get this lad to defend. Slight adjustments and he could be an answer. Has pace. A tackle. Aggressive.

Doesnt have distribution. Awareness. A brain?

For what it's worth I rate him. In his first season he honestly performed better than I expected for a maiden year in the Premier League, just didn't really kick on from there before his bad injury.

I think if he comes back into the fold as the season starts winding down he'll be in a good position to get some minutes under his belt and we can reassess him heading into the summer. Reckon he'll be itching and motivated to get back playing, especially as he has aspirations to go to the World Cup with Argentina.

You don't get 19 caps for Argentina by being anywhere near as poor as most on here would make out and he was in their first choice pairing when he got injured - notably with Otamendi, who was also written off after 1 season and is now key to the top of the league team and signed a new long-term contract.

He also carries more of a goal threat than any of our other CBs. Put him in the positions Keane has had in recent games, and I expect they would have been 2 goals.

I want him to be given a chance when he is back. Not too many half-decent left-footed/sided CBs about and I think Sam can improve him.

You don't get 19 caps for Argentina by being anywhere near as poor as most on here would make out and he was in their first choice pairing when he got injured - notably with Otamendi, who was also written off after 1 season and is now key to the top of the league team and signed a new long-term contract.

He also carries more of a goal threat than any of our other CBs. Put him in the positions Keane has had in recent games, and I expect they would have been 2 goals.

I want him to be given a chance when he is back. Not too many half-decent left-footed/sided CBs about and I think Sam can improve him.
This.

He's a big sam type defender in recent years. Kone and Sakho both are notoriously bad on the ball but more dominant in other areas and in Sakho's case a complete nutter, FM is similar in a way.

FM can't really pass a ball to save his life but he's a front foot defender who likes to put in a tackle the type of defender i think big sam is after as we're far too timid other than Holgate. Williams tries but his is just pure aggression and frustration from not being able to keep up.

Arguably our best defender we have in the air, Keane started out well but hasn't shown anything in the league. Is FM suddenly going to turn in to a world beater, no but with some fine tuning he's likely better than the 2 OAP's we currently have unless his injury has affected him more than expected.

I like him a lot and hope he can forge a partnership with Holgate next season. Would feel very comfortable with that pairing. Both miles, miles better than any of the three older English lads in the squad at centre back. Three massive wastes of space.

He was comfortably our best centre back before his injury. How can anyone think he's bad on the ball – have they not seen Jagielka, Williams and Keane?
The mere mention of those three in the same sentence sends shivers down my spine. Imagine those three cart horses marshalling the defence in a 3-5-2! lol

:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back