Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a world where Jordan ibe went for 15m before the inflated market we should be getting more than 10m for an Argentine international.

10m doesn’t get you a decent championship player.

I suppose its the market we are selling in, I mean not like a team from Mexico is gonna be bidding more.

We clearly want rid, him getting binned off the Argie squad was always gonna cost us.

And I read it was 7.5m, not 10.

In a world where Jordan ibe went for 15m before the inflated market we should be getting more than 10m for an Argentine international.

10m doesn’t get you a decent championship player.
a) no longer an Argentina international
b) Everton wanting rid lowers your price by 50%

I read 10m Euro, hope it's true he was another poor buy under Martinez and if he goes it does point towards the overhaul the club desperately needs. Koeman tried (and failed) to patch over the cracks last summer, it resulted in mediocrity at best so I hope that someone shows some real guts, takes a few calculated risks and does the difficult thing. It will take time but if we can see things developing the fans will be patient. COYB

I suppose its the market we are selling in, I mean not like a team from Mexico is gonna be bidding more.

We clearly want rid, him getting binned off the Argie squad was always gonna cost us.

And I read it was 7.5m, not 10.

i can't even think a mexican team would be able to afford that much (and his wages) tbf. He's only just dropped out of one of the best international teams going, we should be looking for nearly double that imo. I know not the rest of europe pays the same silly fees as england, but i think he'd do pretty well in one of the slower leagues.

He can play kickabout with his brother on the beach during half term, he doesn't need to write his career off just yet to do that.

He's probably a lot cheaper if his injury is more serious than the club have let on

i can't even think a mexican team would be able to afford that much (and his wages) tbf. He's only just dropped out of one of the best international teams going, we should be looking for nearly double that imo. I know not the rest of europe pays the same silly fees as england, but i think he'd do pretty well in one of the slower leagues.

He can play kickabout with his brother on the beach during half term, he doesn't need to write his career off just yet to do that.

You say dropped out of one the best international teams but Argentina are a mess and that is largely down to their defence...

£10mil so we take a £500k profit...

Id expect one of the Spanish sides to come in at closer to £15mil...

Shame he didnt make the world cup squad...could have done us out of £5mil
Why on earth would a Spanish team come in for him? No one in a decent league would touch him, Argentinian international or not.

You say dropped out of one the best international teams but Argentina are a mess and that is largely down to their defence...

they're still one of the top teams in the world. People always say thinks like "yeah but otamendi starts ahead of him and he's crud". He plays for the english champions! A lot of people seem to overhype how bad players and teams are these days because it seems like a cool thing to do.

Another cb that is a liability alongside Keane and Williams. With Jagielka past it but still probably our best defender and Holgate not fully proven, getting rid of RFM and Williams and getting in two solid centre backs is probably our biggest priority this summer

It’s $10m so more like £7.5m.

I have no problem with him going. His injury, our willingness to sell, the buying club and him missing out on the World Cup will all have contributed to bringing his value down.

Williams will be going and one out of Funes Mori and Jagielka too. We were never gonna get rid of all three at once. As much as we don’t like it I can see most at the club preferring to keep Jagielka around for one more year over keeping Funes Mori.

Not to mention Funes Mori will bring in some kind of fee which Jagielka would not.

Cut our losses and let him go. Not much pace, prone to regular rash decisions and now a bad injury. For £7.5 mill plus wages off the books, there will be a younger player available for that price.

He's only an international as the Argentina CB choice is appalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back