2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori and Jonny Evans as our CB partnership next season. That's do me just fine. Keane and Holgate challenging. Donate Jagielka and Williams to charity. 3m is all that's needed for Evans.

What I don’t understand is when he was playing regularly last season, he was very poor. A mistake waiting to happen. If my memory serves me right, he was actually dropped last year before getting injured.

Now he’s been out for a year, suddenly people are clamouring to get him in the side and hailing him as the centre back saviour.

What I don’t understand is when he was playing regularly last season, he was very poor. A mistake waiting to happen. If my memory serves me right, he was actually dropped last year before getting injured.

Now he’s been out for a year, suddenly people are clamouring to get him in the side and hailing him as the centre back saviour.

His mistakes never seem to get punished.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. All Williams mistakes seem to lead to utter doom for example.

He is also nowhere near as bad as some make out. A solid if unspectacular top flight defender.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. All Williams mistakes seem to lead to utter doom for example.

He is also nowhere near as bad as some make out. A solid if unspectacular top flight defender.
Exactly right. He's dominating in the air, unlike Jagielka/Williams who seem to mark air instead of attackers. Plus he can pass a football and is prepared to play forwards, and can score with his head from a corner. He's ten times a better option than any other centre backs we currently have, and imo would be great with a solid partner next to him.

Mori and Jonny Evans as our CB partnership next season. That's do me just fine. Keane and Holgate challenging. Donate Jagielka and Williams to charity. 3m is all that's needed for Evans.

Reach for the stars!

I would not object to Evans myself, even with him we still need more I reckon.

I am going to keep mentioning Nordi Mukiele now until Walshy/Brands/whoever picks up on it.

He certainly should be played in the last few games. It would help him get ready for the world cup and increase his value if he is to be sold or at least let Sam have a good look at him for next season if Sam and Funes Mori are to stay at the club.

When the competition in your position is Ashley Williams and Michael Keane, it's difficult not to look good.

Spot on there as for all his so called mistakes i can't remember many leading to goals plus he is a threat from set pieces and god knows we need more goals in the team

He is in the same boat as Robles. He looks a little funny, so people think he is crap. What really strikes me about Mori (as Papa pointed out) is that he rarely seemed to be punished for his chaotic moments. As a result, I’m a bit ambivalent about him. What I do know is that Jags and Williams need to be shown the door sooner rather than later.

Won headers, blocked shots, passed to team mates. What is this witchcraft from an Everton defender.

Miles better than the other donkeys

Happily forgot about him for a few months there.

Hopefully we can fleece someone for a few mill for him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back