Ramon Planes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds perfect, we’ll be liquidated by Christmas.
wizard-of-oz-dreams.gif

He was responsible for some of Barça's better low cost signings: Pedri, Auraujo and Ezzalzouli plus Trincao on whom they made a decent profit. He was also apparently instrumental in persuading Koeman to give opportunities to home grown players like Ansu and Gavi. A report I read said he had previously had some unspecified feud with Xavi's family so resigned when Xavi arrived. I will ask my father in law for an opinion when I see him tomorrow. By the way in catalan his surname would be pronounced "Planas" (not like something you fly in).

"Found" the likes of Pedri and Araujo but was part of the problem with Bartomeu getting Barca's finances into dire straits.
Certainly his association with Bartomeu didn't do him any favours but Barça were already in severe financial trouble by the time he joined in July 2018. I guess Griezmann was signed on his watch which didn't turn out well. I wonder if he was involved in the Mina, Digne and Gomes deals which could have brought him to Moshiri's attention?

He was responsible for some of Barça's better low cost signings: Pedri, Auraujo and Ezzalzouli plus Trincao on whom they made a decent profit. He was also apparently instrumental in persuading Koeman to give opportunities to home grown players like Ansu and Gavi. A report I read said he had previously had some unspecified feud with Xavi's family so resigned when Xavi arrived. I will ask my father in law for an opinion when I see him tomorrow. By the way in catalan his surname would be pronounced "Planas" (not like something you fly in).

Certainly his association with Bartomeu didn't do him any favours but Barça were already in severe financial trouble by the time he joined in July 2018. I guess Griezmann was signed on his watch which didn't turn out well. I wonder if he was involved in the Mina, Digne and Gomes deals which could have brought him to Moshiri's attention?

Some good points here.

Pedri + Araujo his standout signings at Barca...and of course he pushed for the young players to have game time.

Also (as you say) Moshiri may have dealt with him in 2018 and he may have left a good impression.

At Spurs he signed Dier and Alli for peanuts.

If the plan is to focus on signing high potential young players then he has a good track record...

With a Spanish manager it makes sense to bring Planes in as well -- along with Spanish or latin players.

Could also mean a move for Pochettino.

Looks like Ramon Planes have some good recruitments at low cost, but also had some bad player talent judgment too.
But makes no difference if Moshiri insist to sign player and Benitez still the manager.
Benitez is extremely stubborn and if Ramon Planes is the same, there might be another power struggle.

do we have proof of this? so he’s playing fm? when he’s running us pathetically

….not sure what FM is, Matty. Moshiri himself is on record as boasting he brought Tosun in, there is also very strong indication he instigated and brought in Iwobi against the wishes of Brands (I did get some private messages at the time on here informing this and it’s become generally accepted since).

His fingerprints are over the Mykolenko deal and there have been reports he was centrally involved in acquiring El Ghazi even if suggestions Benitez was at first against the deal but then endorsed it are unsubstantiated.

Here’s my take;

- at one point Moshiri, Walsh and Koeman were working in silos bringing in their own players. Hugely wasteful & working to no playing strategy. This set us back years.

- Brands came in and was more circumspect, suggesting targets to Managers but not pursuing them without their endorsement. To varying degrees Managers accepted some of his suggestions. Managers and Moshiri continued to bring their own players.

- Benitez came in & refused to consider Brands targets. Brands is miffed, his position is untenable, he’s a ‘white elephant’ and he walks.

- Benitez now brings in his own targets within a strict spending envelope but Moshiri is still meddling with transfers.

i doubt Moshiri is bringing in a stream of players but he seems very close with players agents. I don’t like Benitez but for the good of the club he should have total control and Moshiri‘s only involvement should be signing the cheques.

Status
Not open for further replies.