Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

I think the answer to your second question depends on who coaches USA as apparently they just love playing people in weird position like Adams at RB. To me he should be in midfield now with McKennie but I don’t want the US side to know how they play.

Towards the end of the season, before he injury, the team went on a decent unbeaten stretch with Adams starting and he looked first choice. Can’t tell for sure under the new regime as he’s still out with a groin strain but mooted to potentially be ready for the Villa game as he’s currently back individually training.

He was brilliant though when he played; much more useful on the ball than expected. Big season for the lad. If Nagelsmann goes with two midfielders you could say for experience Demme & Kampl will start but I actually prefer Adams & Haidara/Nkunku.
I'm hoping that he plays enough and well enough that it becomes too stupid to play him at RB anymore. It's already really dumb, as you said it should be him and McKennie, but i have hope another strong year and the idiot in charge will have no choice.

I'm hoping that he plays enough and well enough that it becomes too stupid to play him at RB anymore. It's already really dumb, as you said it should be him and McKennie, but i have hope another strong year and the idiot in charge will have no choice.

To be fair mate he played well enough to start in the middle so I’m guessing it’s a case of who is better for the US:

Adams (RB) and Bradley (CM)

????? (RB) and Adams (CM)

I don’t know who you guys also have in that position.

To be fair mate he played well enough to start in the middle so I’m guessing it’s a case of who is better for the US:

Adams (RB) and Bradley (CM)

????? (RB) and Adams (CM)

I don’t know who you guys also have in that position.
We have Yedlin who is at least a passable PL player. But the real problem is Bradley is so slow that he's just a hole at this point out of possession. And he isn't Pirlo or something with the ball that makes up for it.

We have Yedlin who is at least a passable PL player. But the real problem is Bradley is so slow that he's just a hole at this point out of possession. And he isn't Pirlo or something with the ball that makes up for it.

Yeh like I say knowledge of national team is naff these days but I always thought Bradley was a good passer? Maybe he could sit right in front of the defence with Adams and McKennie in front doing all the graft?

Think you’ve got a decent squad of young players coming through too but maybe still looking for the right coach to get the best out of them. I suspect Bradley plays too just for the experience (although not sure what difference experience makes)

OVERVIEW

So, I figured instead of clogging up multiple other threads with my Energy Drink FC weekly updates I'll just shove them all into one thread for anyone (read: no one) interested in the current state of play for East Germany's best and youngest football team.
There is a God after all.

Yeh like I say knowledge of national team is naff these days but I always thought Bradley was a good passer? Maybe he could sit right in front of the defence with Adams and McKennie in front doing all the graft?

Think you’ve got a decent squad of young players coming through too but maybe still looking for the right coach to get the best out of them. I suspect Bradley plays too just for the experience (although not sure what difference experience makes)
They could maybe do that and be alright. But the current system of Bradley in a two man midfield is a disaster against any team with the sense to get a somewhat pacy player near him.

The other problem is Bradley will be 35 in 2022 so there's no real point in persisting with him when as you've said we have a lot of decent young players who could make an impact by that time.

They could maybe do that and be alright. But the current system of Bradley in a two man midfield is a disaster against any team with the sense to get a somewhat pacy player near him.

The other problem is Bradley will be 35 in 2022 so there's no real point in persisting with him when as you've said we have a lot of decent young players who could make an impact by that time.

No, maybe he gets faded out now then. Hopefully Ty can get over his pesky groin problems and gets back on the pitch as I think Nagelsmann will love playing him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back