Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

First half Leipzig were on top had a few decent chances mainly that came from mistakes by the Eintracht defence. But if you watched Leipzig on Saturday and like me hadn't seen much of them before you'd never have thought they were top of the league or had that run of scoring 3 goals or more in each game. Werner & Schick didn't link up very well just had an off day.

Eintracht started the second half well scored a screamer early on I was behind that goal in the terracing just to the side of the ultras in the corner. After Eintracht went 1-0 up they were very much in control and RB very rarely threatened.

Was the first time I've seen Eintracht play in the Bundesliga saw two Europa games last season. When I went to see them play Chelsea away in the semi final last year I met some Eintracht fans before at a supporters event near Liverpool Street station. Kept in contact with them since and they're all season ticket holders they pay 110 euros for their tickets and happy to let me use their spares free of charge!

First half Leipzig were on top had a few decent chances mainly that came from mistakes by the Eintracht defence. But if you watched Leipzig on Saturday and like me hadn't seen much of them before you'd never have thought they were top of the league or had that run of scoring 3 goals or more in each game. Werner & Schick didn't link up very well just had an off day.

Eintracht started the second half well scored a screamer early on I was behind that goal in the terracing just to the side of the ultras in the corner. After Eintracht went 1-0 up they were very much in control and RB very rarely threatened.

Was the first time I've seen Eintracht play in the Bundesliga saw two Europa games last season. When I went to see them play Chelsea away in the semi final last year I met some Eintracht fans before at a supporters event near Liverpool Street station. Kept in contact with them since and they're all season ticket holders they pay 110 euros for their tickets and happy to let me use their spares free of charge!

Glad you had a good day out - shame about the result! (For me, anyway). Assessment was fair though; I believe if one of the early chances for RBL went in they'd have ran riot. Thought Frankfurt were poor for 90 mins and the second half was just a desperate Leipzig shooting themselves in the food.

RBL News

- Jean-Kevin Augustin's loan move at Monaco cancelled early and instead he heads to Leeds till the Summer with an option of a permanent deal.
- More chatter about a Robin Gosen's move but as much as it would be a perfect fit I can't see it happening unless Schalke can't stump up the cash (rumoured to be 30m fee).
- Club linked to Freiburg's Robin Koch but thought to note rate him highly enough to bring in this week.
- Nagelsmann still hopeful of defensive reinforcements before the window closes: "We have few players in these positions," said Nagelsmann at Sky. It is not an “absolute must” to get a defensive man, “we can get through without it. But if we have the option to get a good player, we'll do it. Let yourself be surprised, maybe something will happen, ”said the head coach.
- RBL and Munich linked with young Lyon winger Yaya Soumare.
- New signing Dani Olmo joined his first training session today - possibly in line for the top of the table clash at home to Gladbach on Saturday but he's not played since 18th December so unlikely.
- Marcelo Saracchi has helped Galatasaray to 2 wins from 2 so far on his loan but picked up a thigh injury.

RBL Transfer News

- Apparently Matheus Cunha close to a 20m transfer to newly rich Hertha. Not sure how this ties in with the reported Piatek signing but they do need forwards. Would be a profit on a player that's barely played.
- Stefan Ilsanker has a move lined up to Frankfurt but unless RBL can bring in a defensive reinforcement it will be blocked.
- Said reinforcement could turn out to previously linked German international Robin Koch (Freiburg) who can play both central defense and at the 6 which is a little shallow after Demme left. Price of 20m rumoured (funded by Cunha maybe?)
- Reports Ampadu is being tracked by Turkish clubs for a loan move this winter.
- Reports in one German paper surfaced about a Summer transfer for Klostermann to Dortmund but they've now disappeared off their site.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back