Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not wrong, it’s just that as we all know, anything can happen in one game, mad results, an amazing goalie performance, an early red card. It’s knife edge stuff and frankly, terrifying
Well if we're in this relegation scrap I'd take our position now 100 times out of 100, no matter the mad circumstances that can happen. Again everyone knows if we do the business we're up. We could grind out a poxy 2-1 scoring in the last minute with Leeds and Leicester becoming prime Barcelona and we'd still be staying up.

I would have taken the draw this morning, so not too bothered by that... it keeps it in our hands and we know what we have to do. A Leicester loss tonight might have given us crazy ideas about playing for a draw, only to end up losing. To be honest, if a few months back someone had offered me a chance to stay up by winning a home game against Bournemouth, I'd have snapped their hand off. On to Sunday.

We missed a pen too

And that lad who presents Homes Under Da Hammer scored against us.

IMG_5403.jpeg

I see everyone's heads have fallen off at the prospect of beating Bournemouth at home but are completely confident Leeds and Leicester are turning over Spurs and West Ham

Exactly.

All 3 should win as they're all at home against teams with nothing to play for.

If a relegation scramble goes to the final day, then the best you can ask for is to be in control of your own destiny, at home against a team who has nothing to play for. It is all up the players now.
What could possibly go wrong?

I guess we all would have took this position at any point of the last few months.

We have been playing Russian roulette for weeks and are still alive.

I see everyone's heads have fallen off at the prospect of beating Bournemouth at home but are completely confident Leeds and Leicester are turning over Spurs and West Ham
If every part of that scenario happens, we would beat West Brom's 18 year old record, co-incidentally the last time Southampton got relegated from the division (also finishing bottom).

Status
Not open for further replies.