Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut feeling is last night's point for Leicester killed us. I've every confidence in a draw but not a win. Just have to pray WHU have one last shift in them, though I fully expect Leicester to pip us on GD.

Just can't get rid of this sick feeling. I'm trying not to imagine the indignity of trips to Accrington while our next home game at BMD gets shifted for the 17-squillionth time because the RS women (after LFC have bought our gargantuan debt like Bayern did for 1860) have a champions league match or something.
giphy.gif

...but you believe that 1 win in 15 games Leicester and 1 win in 9 games Leeds are going to waltz off with all 3 points on Sunday when they play teams way superior to them?
West Ham are getting ready to play in a European final in 2 weeks time. Do you think they'll be motivated for an away game against a side that'll be fighting for their Premiership lives ? We need to beat Bournemouth, simple as that. I fear the outcome if it's anything less.

West Ham are getting ready to play in a European final in 2 weeks time. Do you think they'll be motivated for an away game against a side that'll be fighting for their Premiership lives ? We need to beat Bournemouth, simple as that. I fear the outcome if it's anything less.
Can someone send a whatsapp message to Mosey

the bottom 4 have supposedly been doing this for months, if they were good at it, they wouldn't be in the bottom 4

Remember, if Leeds and Leicester both even draw we stay up without even doing anything.

You think the margins are tight for us, imagine how they’re feeling. These are two teams who can’t even remember what it’s like to win a game home or away and now they have to win (and in Leicester’s case against a West Ham that is smack in form and high on confidence off the back of numerous wins)

Remember, if Leeds and Leicester both even draw we stay up without even doing anything.

You think the margins are tight for us, imagine how they’re feeling. These are two teams who can’t even remember what it’s like to win a game home or away and now they have to win (and in Leicester’s case against a West Ham that is smack in form and high on confidence off the back of numerous wins)
Think the difference with them is that they know its effectively last chance saloon so will just go for broke. Think the pressure on us to beat Bournemouth is higher than Leicester & Leeds in their games.

Nah. Did they look at 80% to you against Leeds? They went after Leeds from the monet they conceded and tried to rn up a 5-1 win if they could.

They have a decent squad West Ham. They can rotate and not lose that much quality attacking wise.
yea, for the first while they did.
But they still weren't guaranteed safety
It was their last home game
and Rices last home game.

They wont be feet up by the pool but they definitely wont be going full pelt!

lol lol lol

That'll have been noted by West Ham...the inference being 'West Ham at home is a piece of piss'.

Leicester are tripe. Utter 'kin tripe.

Yeah I can’t really believe what I saw. I get aiming for a 1-0 but there was barely even counter attacking intent until the last 5 minutes and at times their keeper was actively wasting time. A draw is obviously better than losing (but losing not fatal) but they are still at about 75% to go down and a win probably flips that closer to 75% staying up. That’s such an enormous swing with a win you have to go for it.

I don’t understand how with all the analysts clubs employ they could possibly crunch those numbers and think a draw was a result to take. If the situations were flipped I’d want Dyche drummer out for what Smith attempted last night.
I can understand not going all-out against Newcastle away, because with Leicester's normal style they would have gotten ripped apart. But it's one thing to go more defensive and another to outright play for a draw for about 89 minutes.

My thought after the game was that Leicester had essentially given a slap in the face to both West Ham and Everton in the sense that they very clearly thought they have West Ham in the bag and that we won't beat Bournemouth. How else to explain those tactics when you're staring relegation in the face?

Leicester have beaten West Ham once in the last four meetings, and it was the reverse fixture back in November. So, West Ham have this to motivate them: a European final for which players will be fighting for places and for positive momentum, revenge for losing to this same team earlier in the season, and a bit of extra for the clear insult of Leicester telling everyone in the world that they think this game is a near formality.

Maybe Leicester wins, but there is absolutely no reason to think they just show up and walk over West Ham here. It's not a given at all.

Exactly. Just look at this from last night. Absolutely embarrassing and even Allardyce couldn't match it. They ain't winning a game no matter who they play.

View attachment 211524
The only reason they finally got a shutout is because they had 11 players playing for it. What happens against West Ham when they can't play that way because they now have to win? Can they keep Bowen et al. out without 11 guys behind the ball?

Reactions: Lob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back