Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to comfort myself with the odds, but at this point it's a bit irrelevant. Ultimately all three clubs are playing clubs better then them. Degrees of separation between the opposition is a worthy note but it's the best league in the world for a reason. Upsets happen every week. We might have a few more scenarios to safety compared, but theres a fair bit the other way.

I think its going to come down to a needed win with Bournemouth. Is what it is.

Despite all our failings this season, we can win Sunday.

Bournemouth have had a long season and of late they have played a lot of fringe players once they became safe so I am hoping more of the same.

Leeds play a Spurs side who won't want to miss out on European football and will have most likely Kane's last appearance plus Richarlison who will do all he can.

Leicester face West Ham who showed against Leeds that they are very capable for getting a result plus it will be their last game before the final so even fringe players will want to stamp their mark on the manager's thoughts.

COYB NSNO

...but you believe that 1 win in 15 games Leicester and 1 win in 9 games Leeds are going to waltz off with all 3 points on Sunday when they play teams way superior to them?
No. I believe that 1 win in 15 games Leicester might somehow snatch a poxy win and survive because Alex Iwobi, Mason Holgate, Amadou Onana, Idrissa Gueye, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Ben Godfrey, or Michael Keane are almost invariably going to either soil the bed or do something preposterously stupid as befitting their miniscule football IQs. Waltzing has nothing to do with it.

Leicester are dreadful - but should be down by now on their pathetic 31 points. But our bravehearts have missed the chance to bury them and that has left us vulnerable to that familiar old friend, the brainfart.

I have zero confidence in this gormless, yet entitled, squad of feckless intellectual midgets.

Yes.

The 20 odd Newcastle shots at goal compared to Leicester's solitary one are evidence that they will crush out of form West Ham.
Leicester could have actually put themselves in a tricky position here,
Smith is gonna be questioning himself over tactics now for the next wk after gaining a point and not conceding off a defensive system.

Does he start out like that hoping to drain them and then change up and go more all out for the win.

It all depends what 'West Ham' turn up.

Right, so Leicester are on the up because they fluked a nil nil getting pumped for 90 mins, but we have no chance?

Everyone needs to be reminded. It was LUCK, sheer LUCK that kept Leicester in the game. Not tactics or any of that shabite.

A lot of Sunday depends on who we have available, past form etc.. all goes out the window on the final day.

Everyone needs to be reminded. It was LUCK, sheer LUCK that kept Leicester in the game. Not tactics or any of that shabite.

A lot of Sunday depends on who we have available, past form etc.. all goes out the window on the final day.
No DCL generally means no win. Now, no win might still suffice, but I would be taking a change of underwear with me if I was relying on that to keep us up...

Who needs what?​

Chances of survival on final day
With a winDrawDefeat
Everton100%64%49%
Leicester City54%0%0%
Leeds United17%0%0%
"Everton are still the most likely to survive but their chance of escaping with a draw has reduced from 81% to 64%, as Leicester are now sure to overtake them with a win in that situation," said Simon Gleave, head of sports analysis at Nielsen's Gracenote.

No DCL generally means no win. Now, no win might still suffice, but I would be taking a change of underwear with me if I was relying on that to keep us up...

We’ve won one in ten games even with DCL playing a good few of them. We are garbage. Bournemouth are better than us and we are horrendous at home. Our only chance is if Leicester and Leeds fluff it. Be like that scene from Mike Basset when England qualify for the World Cup because Luxembourg did them a favour.

God, I feel like been moaning forever about having to get through each wkend as games on different days, now they are all same time on same day, I feel like it's gonna give me a heart attack...

Who needs what?​

Chances of survival on final day
With a winDrawDefeat
Everton100%64%49%
Leicester City54%0%0%
Leeds United17%0%0%
"Everton are still the most likely to survive but their chance of escaping with a draw has reduced from 81% to 64%, as Leicester are now sure to overtake them with a win in that situation," said Simon Gleave, head of sports analysis at Nielsen's Gracenote.
The really significant numbers are 49% staying up with a defeat coupled with 0% Leicester and Leeds staying up with draws. That Yerry Mina goal was absolutely vital in that respect.

The only reason they finally got a shutout is because they had 11 players playing for it. What happens against West Ham when they can't play that way because they now have to win? Can they keep Bowen et al. out without 11 guys behind the ball?
Exactly, they had 11 guys playing entirely for a clean sheet for 85 minutes, had no counter attacking intent and even given that Newcastle hit the woodwork three times. It certainly wasn’t a defensive masterclass or anything.

I hope we are working on our midfielders passing to each this week, Iwobi and Doucoure must have the worst pass completion rate in the league
Our crosses/corners/set pieces to be reduced in height by 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back