Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 days is not a few days. Again, I'll ask the question - WTF is wrong with people?
My mistake on the days.
Do you have any worries at all that some of the West Ham players might hold a little back (if selected against Leeds) so they don't get injured and miss the Euro final?

Make no mistake West Ham will want to go into the final on the back of a good run (semifinal win, beat Leeds and beating Leicester). With a 10 day break between Sunday and the final he will play a near full strength side. He rested 6 against Leeds so they will definitely come back in as he wont want them to have not had a game for 21 days by the time the final comes along.
Or maybe he wouldnt mind them going into their final on the back of a loss, a stick he can beat them with for 10 days

Despite all our failings this season, we can win Sunday.

Bournemouth have had a long season and of late they have played a lot of fringe players once they became safe so I am hoping more of the same.

Leeds play a Spurs side who won't want to miss out on European football and will have most likely Kane's last appearance plus Richarlison who will do all he can.

Leicester face West Ham who showed against Leeds that they are very capable for getting a result plus it will be their last game before the final so even fringe players will want to stamp their mark on the manager's thoughts.

COYB NSNO
Alternatively...

Bournemouth have already comfortably thumped us this season with their fringe players as well as their more regular starting line-up.

Spurs play a Leeds side who won't want to miss out on being in the PL next season and Richarlison doing all he can isn't the game changer for Spurs. Spurs are more than capable of pulling out a shocking performance....not as capable as Leeds hopefully.

Leicester face West Ham who have a much bigger game going forward and there are plenty of their players who know they're starting regardless of the performance against Leicester so may not be wholeheartedly jumping into 50/50s or chancing their hammy with a hard burst of running. I think if Moyes rests his regulars they don't have an awful lot of depth. Leicester do look poor though but there's been bigger shocks this season.

I reckon Leicester and Leeds lose though regardless. But I'd not go looking for specific reasons to be optimistic as there's nothing solid to rely on other than they've been badly misfiring sides for a solid amount of time and we've got the better 'on-paper' fixture.

Alternatively...

Bournemouth have already comfortably thumped us this season with their fringe players as well as their more regular starting line-up.

Spurs play a Leeds side who won't want to miss out on being in the PL next season and Richarlison doing all he can isn't the game changer for Spurs. Spurs are more than capable of pulling out a shocking performance....not as capable as Leeds hopefully.

Leicester face West Ham who have a much bigger game going forward and there are plenty of their players who know they're starting regardless of the performance against Leicester so may not be wholeheartedly jumping into 50/50s or chancing their hammy with a hard burst of running. I think if Moyes rests his regulars they don't have an awful lot of depth. Leicester do look poor though but there's been bigger shocks this season.

I reckon Leicester and Leeds lose though regardless. But I'd not go looking for specific reasons to be optimistic as there's nothing solid to rely on other than they've been badly misfiring sides for a solid amount of time and we've got the better 'on-paper' fixture.

“on paper” that team beat us comfy and the other two teams haven’t

Leicester could have actually put themselves in a tricky position here,
Smith is gonna be questioning himself over tactics now for the next wk after gaining a point and not conceding off a defensive system.

Does he start out like that hoping to drain them and then change up and go more all out for the win.

It all depends what 'West Ham' turn up.
The plan will be to attack West Ham from the off, I'm sure of that.

Smith is hoping that home advantage and the fervour of last day will translate into a win. We'll see if he's right. But his strategy last night was beyond clueless.

No. I believe that 1 win in 15 games Leicester might somehow snatch a poxy win and survive because Alex Iwobi, Mason Holgate, Amadou Onana, Idrissa Gueye, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Ben Godfrey, or Michael Keane are almost invariably going to either soil the bed or do something preposterously stupid as befitting their miniscule football IQs. Waltzing has nothing to do with it.

Leicester are dreadful - but should be down by now on their pathetic 31 points. But our bravehearts have missed the chance to bury them and that has left us vulnerable to that familiar old friend, the brainfart.

I have zero confidence in this gormless, yet entitled, squad of feckless intellectual midgets.
You're being way too harsh with these players.

I can understand not going all-out against Newcastle away, because with Leicester's normal style they would have gotten ripped apart. But it's one thing to go more defensive and another to outright play for a draw for about 89 minutes.

My thought after the game was that Leicester had essentially given a slap in the face to both West Ham and Everton in the sense that they very clearly thought they have West Ham in the bag and that we won't beat Bournemouth. How else to explain those tactics when you're staring relegation in the face?

Leicester have beaten West Ham once in the last four meetings, and it was the reverse fixture back in November. So, West Ham have this to motivate them: a European final for which players will be fighting for places and for positive momentum, revenge for losing to this same team earlier in the season, and a bit of extra for the clear insult of Leicester telling everyone in the world that they think this game is a near formality.

Maybe Leicester wins, but there is absolutely no reason to think they just show up and walk over West Ham here. It's not a given at all.
Spot on. Moyes wont have failed to notice their high fives and celebrations. Neither will the West Ham players.

No. I believe that 1 win in 15 games Leicester might somehow snatch a poxy win and survive because Alex Iwobi, Mason Holgate, Amadou Onana, Idrissa Gueye, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Ben Godfrey, or Michael Keane are almost invariably going to either soil the bed or do something preposterously stupid as befitting their miniscule football IQs. Waltzing has nothing to do with it.

Leicester are dreadful - but should be down by now on their pathetic 31 points. But our bravehearts have missed the chance to bury them and that has left us vulnerable to that familiar old friend, the brainfart.

I have zero confidence in this gormless, yet entitled, squad of feckless intellectual midgets.

we’re dreadful mate and i expect us to drop to championship and then the earths core

we’re dreadful mate and i expect us to drop to championship and then the earths core
I am very much a pessimist Matty, but looking at this, and the bookies odds, and everything else we are the least down of all 3
1684860013601.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back