Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, for the first while they did.
But they still weren't guaranteed safety
It was their last home game
and Rices last home game.

They wont be feet up by the pool but they definitely wont be going full pelt!
They have 7 days to get prepared for a final game that will bear no impact on their Euro final 11 days later.

Moyes will want his team scoring goals and his defenders not conceding.

We might have a lot of quality. But the last month or so they have shown a lot of battling qualities. Obviously at times that ain't enough but late goals to get points at Chelsea, v spurs , at wolves and even at Leicester after goin behind showed most of them will give it there all. We are by no means brilliant but if do give it all they have sunday that will be enough against a side who won't be as up for a battle.

We might have a lot of quality. But the last month or so they have shown a lot of battling qualities. Obviously at times that ain't enough but late goals to get points at Chelsea, v spurs , at wolves and even at Leicester after goin behind showed most of them will give it there all. We are by no means brilliant but if do give it all they have sunday that will be enough against a side who won't be as up for a battle.
We've got to overwhelm B'mouth and impose ourselves on them.

This is our PL existence on the line and I expect a massive defence of it for 90 minutes.

Here's the Everton team Moyes played a weekend before the 09 FA cup final.
Screenshot_20230523_115607_Firefox.webp

We didn't need to win as 5th or 6th had the same outcome that season.

They have 7 days to get prepared for a final game that will bear no impact on their Euro final 11 days later.

Moyes will want his team scoring goals and his defenders not conceding.
That’s all very fine but as a player knowing that I’m playing in a final in a few days, I’m not sure I’d bust a gut going for 50/50 balls and running the risk of injury. We have to assume Leicester will win.

I thought west ham players would like to try and keep their place in the team before the final, not throw it away
A lot of West Ham players aren't gonna lose their places on the back of a mediocre performance in their next dead-rubber league game. I'd guess that Moyes already pretty much knows his starting 11 for that game and only injuries would make a difference.

There's maybe 2 or 3 who have a decent chance of forcing their way in. Aside from that there are plenty who know they only have to avoid injury.

That’s all very fine but as a player knowing that I’m playing in a final in a few days, I’m not sure I’d bust a gut going for 50/50 balls and running the risk of injury. We have to assume Leicester will win.
What player does that in any case? PL players dont do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back