Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, no they don’t? The prize money for winning the Championship is £2m. We earned more in prize money for finishing 17th in the Premier League. Honestly, why are you making stuff up?
So they go from earning 2m from winning The Championship, with a small wage bill, to knowing that they have 140m+70m+35m in the bank over the next 3 years.

Meanwhile Evertons wage bill is rammed full of rubbish, with a garbage manager and not being able to spend a penny cos they are ran by clowns.

any excuse
beetle-juice-its-showtime.gif
Is there a better '80s comedy? I struggle to come up with one. Loved that one as a kid, holds up. Michael Keaton kills it, and the supporting cast is quality.

So they go from earning 2m from winning The Championship, to knowing that they have 140m+70m+35m in the bank over the next 3 years.

Yes. That’s the Premier League for you, which we’re also in btw.

Southampton earned more in prize money for finishing bottom of the PL than Burnley did for winning the Championship.

But we get the same £150m in TV money as them, because we’re in the same league? What he’s saying is they all somehow get this extra bonus £150m on arrival that we won’t get which just isn’t the case.
They get that amount injected into the budget. As I said, the problem is that they have to defend it starting from a Championship side, or ignominiously take the money and run.

Luton won't stay up. 10m of that 150m is going to stadium improvements just to play in this league. They also have a new stadium on the horizon. They'll spend about 20m, if that.

Burnley are Burnley. Still owe a lot of debt on their recent sale and will have key players picked off as they return to parent clubs. Will spend, sure, but not say Forest levels.

Sheff United, are they going through a sale? Thought I'd heard that. They'll probably spend but its still Sheff United. They've still got players on Prem wages from last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.