Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say we would struggle if Dominic Calvert-Lewin injured but let’s be honest he’s not banging them in at the moment and that is why we struggle, lack of goals.

Simms has to be given game time in case we have to rely on him!!!!!
Simms will get a go if he looks good enough. Doesn't seem that way at the moment.

DCL just needs one to go in and I think he'll be much improved. Was actually getting into goal scoring positions and attacking the ball against Arsenal so that'll help.

Would take the draw at the pit if offered to me.

Yes, they are crap, but they are also our bogey team unfortunately.

Four points from six when we were expecting none would be a great return, and it starts an unbeaten run.

That said, imagine if we smash em 3-0, the stuff of dreams ?
I would happily settle for 'smashing' them 1-0 but would equally settle for a point at this time.

I said before the match on Saturday, that anything over 1 point was a hugely positive return.

It guaranteed at least a win, or going unbeaten against Arsenal, and Liverpool, a place we predominantly struggle.

We’ve got the 3 points now, and I completely get your point, but I’ll be totally honest, I’d snatch your hand off for a gritty draw and setting ourselves up for Leeds the following week, which will be the big test of our character.
Yeah Everton’s next two games could really shape our season, get anything out of Liverpool and a must win than that’s a decent return, but if we lose both, I shudder To think what it means …..said it in a previous post….as much as all games are about gathering points, at this stage its also about protecting the fragile confidence of the players and building that slowly. To that end I was happy with his comments about looking at the performance first and foremost, consistency of performance will gather points, lucky results here and there doesn’t

Yeah Everton’s next two games could really shape our season, get anything out of Liverpool and a must win than that’s a decent return, but if we lose both, I shudder To think what it means …..said it in a previous post….as much as all games are about gathering points, at this stage its also about protecting the fragile confidence of the players and building that slowly. To that end I was happy with his comments about looking at the performance first and foremost, consistency of performance will gather points, lucky results here and there doesn’t

Losing to Leeds/Liverpool or both certainly won’t be the writing on the walls, but will be a reality check.

It could easily happen, but ideally, our best chance is Marsch staying in charge as they’re on an identical run to ours when Lampard was sacked, and they have United twice in a week here, before we kick a ball on Monday, we could, in theory be out the relegation zone.

I don’t think their heads will drop now. I don’t think Dyche will let it, and if they show the heart they did against Arsenal, the fans will be the 12th man all the way through.

We couldn’t be facing Liverpool at a better time, and if Marsch stays the same applies to Leeds. But that’s where we struggle, isn’t it? If we get 3+ from the next two, it’ll be a great return.

The win on Saturday is massive. The players have worked hard and seen the results, so they will buy in to Dyche tactics now. The confidence they will have from beating the top of the league has given them the blueprint, so hopefully we will see that effort next Monday.

If we can pick up 15-18 points from the following games and then a handful of points from the other games we should be ok

Leeds (h)
Villa (h)
Forest (a)
Brentford (h)
Fulham (h)
Palace (a)
Leicester (a)
Wolves (a)
Bournemouth (h)

I can see 4/5 wins from these games, mostly the home ones, and that should see us safe.

Losing to Leeds/Liverpool or both certainly won’t be the writing on the walls, but will be a reality check.

It could easily happen, but ideally, our best chance is Marsch staying in charge as they’re on an identical run to ours when Lampard was sacked, and they have United twice in a week here, before we kick a ball on Monday, we could, in theory be out the relegation zone.

I don’t think their heads will drop now. I don’t think Dyche will let it, and if they show the heart they did against Arsenal, the fans will be the 12th man all the way through.

We couldn’t be facing Liverpool at a better time, and if Marsch stays the same applies to Leeds. But that’s where we struggle, isn’t it? If we get 3+ from the next two, it’ll be a great return.
I actually think they’ll both suit our new found style. Both try to press high and to apply pressure but neither can seem to breakdown a low block and have defences leakier than Rebekah Vardy.

I know I shouldn’t be but I’m actually quite confident. Obviously this means 0 points incoming

If we can pick up 15-18 points from the following games and then a handful of points from the other games we should be ok

Leeds (h)
Villa (h)
Forest (a)
Brentford (h)
Fulham (h)
Palace (a)
Leicester (a)
Wolves (a)
Bournemouth (h)

I can see 4/5 wins from these games, mostly the home ones, and that should see us safe.
I look at those fixtures and see 11 points TBH. But we’re yet to see what a Dyche Everton will look like vs. those sort of teams

I think we will go down by the skin of our teeth - whereas we would’ve been 6-8 points clear of the drop had Moshiri done the obvious and sacked Lampard over Christmas/certainly after the Wolves game.

Status
Not open for further replies.